Thread: New Heads. WTF!!

Default New Heads. WTF!!

I dont know if any of you have followed my other posts but heres the short version. I had a head gasket go, pulled both the heads and both are fubar. i thought about getting some used heads and having them worked on but i've pretty much made up my mind to go with a brand new set from Peninsular. Just couldnt justify the $ put into the used heads when for a little more i could have a set of brand new fully assembled ones. Today i decided to call the local Chevy dealership just to see what the dealer could do for a set. Guy tells me " 1250 per head, bare. ". WTF!!! Now i realy will be going with the Peninsular heads. Sorry this was so long but i had to rant a little.
    94 k2500 ext cab, short box 6.5t, High idle switch
    Manual glow switch, SS Diesel 3" downpipe and crossover, High output cooling mods, Homemade turbomaster, Isspro - Boost, Pyro, Tranny temp guages in a 3 pod pillar mount,

Bob Decker

You're doing the right thing going with the Peninsular Heads.

These are a good deal as compared to the GM dealer bare heads, and are GM production heads.

Be carefull not to run into aftermarken reproduction heads for the 6.5 under the ACH name, these are inferior Chinese trash.

J

16gaSxS is offline Moderator, Have Shotgun & dogs will travel

Mudnutt;

Check the price onthe heads from GM Parts dirrect dot com. Print out the info you will find the parts are GM parts and are much less than dealer. I have taken this to the parts counter and asked them if they would match the price and shipping. They have a few times other times nope. Not sure why sometimes not. Might be worth a try if you want to do business with the dealer.
    95, 6.5, C-2500 extended cab shortbox, Auto transmixer 3.42 diff, Jardine exhaust system
    FSD Cooler replaced w/ Heath PMD Isolator
    Heath Turbo-Master Boost Controller, Max E Tork chip '97 cooling upgrades, Kennedy Fan clutch,
    Glow Plug over ride,DeeZee 38.5 gallon Aux fuel Tank 225K miles and rolling

1994, 6.5 Blazer, 3:42 diff, 4 inch exhaust, Heath PMD Isolator, Heath Turbo-Master Boost Controller Max E Tork, Heath SB intake filter system.
    221K miles and rolling.
    Diesel Page member #81

Default GM Parts direct

Like i said im right around 100% im going to go with the Peninsular heads. Last time i was on GM Parts direct i could only look stuff up with the part #'s and i have no idea what they are, so.
    Manual glow switch, SS Diesel 3" downpipe and crossover, High output cooling mods, Homemade turbomaster, Isspro - Boost, Pyro, Tranny temp guages in a 3 pod pillar mount,

Bob Decker

I guess i was looking at the standard heads. I was unaware that they had another set.

Bob Decker

I got heads from Peninsular, am happy. They basically sell at cost+ or wholesale; eases pain of cracks. I would suggest inquire with Peninsular as to
    More Power's suggestion .
    tom m
    '95 6.5td 4L80E 3500/srw p/u

Lightbulb

The std TD heads are best for power, but the fuel economy versions might be a better choice for a vehicle not used as a heavy tow rig. Precups and valve diameters are the usual differences that distinguish the two types of heads.

I should have a Peninsular 6.5 economy head and a selection of precups that'll appear in a new article before long...

Jim

Question

Quote Originally Posted by tom mac 95
    I got heads from Peninsular, am happy. They basically sell at cost+ or wholesale; eases pain of cracks. I would suggest inquire with Peninsular as to
    More Power's suggestion .
    So Tom
    What heads did you go with
    95C3500.Ext.Cab 97 Cooling mods. DSG Gear-1.95 TDCO. Bilstein Shocks. Firestone Air Bags. FSD Cooler. Banks EX System. Egt,Boost & IAT Gauges. JK High Flow/pop Injectors. Turbo-Master. Max-E 2.0. Water/Alky Injection. Amsoil Dual Bypass. Baldwin filter. aFe Air filter, Air box & Turbo Mods. Power Service Product. Large Duels 235/85-16. Tool Box\'s & truck, 8200 lbs.