Yes, in 2004 and it is no longer online. I would be more interested in finding out who the builder/owner was/is to see what the long term report has to say than how he did the conversion.

I see the conversion just as a tedious process once all the needed hardware is identified and obtained. Every conversion has differences that reflect the ideas and preferences of the person doing the conversion. I would hope to do a good job of documenting what I do so that others who are wanting to prolong the life of and moderize their FMC will have a path to follow. Of the 1050 of them built from 1972-76, it is estimated that 700-800 of them are still on the road.

My coach (as all of them) originally had the Chrysler 440-I (Industrial or Marine version) and a Loadflite 3 spd transmission. I previously swapped the transmission to an Allison 545 and replaced the carburator with an Edelbrock MPI fuel injection system so I am no stranger to conversion or modification. Here is a picture that shows a different modification I did. That is a satellite internet dish deployed while we stopped at a beach in southern California.

With that engine having toasted due to water pump failure, now is the time to look at going to the next level. I may swap in a used 440 that I am aware of to be able to use the coach while I am assembling and designing the conversion over to the Duramax and modern Allison.

Thank you for your assistance and interest,