Thread: 94 lb7 K1500 conversion

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 94 lb7 K1500 conversion

94 lb7 k1500
    I've finally decided to dive in.
    I seized the original 5.7L 350 in my 1994 Chevy 1500 4wd a couple months ago and have been debating what to do with it since.

This was my first truck. I'll keep it forever, and it will be my son's first truck in about 14 years.
    It has a 4L60E, I believe.
    I plan on solid axle swapping soon also, 3/4 ton front and back.

I spent 1000$ last year on vortec heads, push rods, rocker arms, ignition, gaskets, and TBI to vortec head conversion intake manifold, all brand new (except heads- they were reworked.)

Well just recently I changed my mind even i saw a local ad on Craigslist.
    I've always had the dream of swapping a 4 or 6bt in, but never found one.

I found am lb7 out of a 2003 Silverado.
    The guy who I picked it up from owns a bada$s LARGE heavy equipment shop. There were semis and rat rods all over the place.
    This made me feel better about dropping 2300$ on an engine that I did not see run.

He bought the donor truck running, and pulled the 6.6L out, as well as the Allison transmission, ECU, TCU, engine bay fuse box, and the full engine wiring harness. he did this with the intentions of puting the engine in a rollback truck but said hewas not able to find the time.
    The transfer case is sitting in the donor behind his shop still, available.
    He offered ot trade me for about 900$ of chevy 350.. What are these t-cases worth in good codition?

the allison that is with the engine is no good.. where is a good place to buy a remanned one from that offers a core charge?

I got the engine home, went to harbor freight, got a 2 ton picker and got it set in the garage.
    Then I moved the truck in the garage, after cleaning my work area real good of course..

a couple friends offered to help and we got to it and got the whole front clip off and engine+transmission out.

i'm working on pulling the electrical minus the BCM, and degreasing the frame to clean up from the long term-oil build up from the leaking 5.7L 350. lol
    Kenny
    Attached Images Attached Images