Thread: Commuter car

Default Commuter car

Unfortunately diesel prices have gotten so high this weekend I broke down and bought a 4 cyl commuter car. Still keeping the truck of course but I'll use it as my weekend vehicle. It still gets cold up here at night and since I'll be going 6-7 days w/o driving my truck any advice on what to do to keep it running okay? Should I charge the batteries once a week with a trickler? Thanks for they help in advance.

Pete
    2002 GMC with 6' Pro Comp lift, 35' tires, and Vista truck cap

NutNbutGMC Guest

Quote Originally Posted by epa1775 View Post
    Unfortunately diesel prices have gotten so high this weekend I broke down and bought a 4 cyl commuter car. Still keeping the truck of course but I'll use it as my weekend vehicle. It still gets cold up here at night and since I'll be going 6-7 days w/o driving my truck any advice on what to do to keep it running okay? Should I charge the batteries once a week with a trickler? Thanks for they help in advance.

Pete
    Battery Tender and a start about once a week. Mine sits a lot also, so to preserve the life of the batteries, I use this ==> http://www.batterymart.com/p-battery...y-charger.html

Best peace of mind in my garage.

A trickler will be the quickest way to deteriorate the batteries, odd as that may sound. Read up from the link I posted. They seem to have it down to a science.

My truck sits for weeks on end w/o running during the winter. I try to get it out and stretch her legs about every couple of weeks, but that doesn't alway happen. I never put a charger on it. Never had a problem with my 03 doing this and will continue to do same with 08. I wouldn't worry about it.
    08 Blue Granite Silverado LTZ, DMax/Ally, CC/LB/4x4, Cab lights, Camper mirrors, Brake controller, Sunroof, Park assist, and skinny tires

06 Jetta TDI

00 Jayco 263RK (2nd home)

upgraded to an "09" Ranger 619VS/full windsheilds, w/an ETEC 225HO, T8 kicker, Minnkota 101 Terrova, and Lowrance electronics.

Real Trucks have LONG BEDS!