Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Transmission fluid

Default 2006 and newer

Require Dex VI, I use the AMSOIL. No problems, actually shift's smoother. The Dex VI gells at -20 and colder
    2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD
    Duramax LBZ, 6-Speed Automatic 4X4
    Edge Juice w/Attitude, S&B Air Intake, MBRP Cool Duals (turbo back)

I too use Amsoil and it does a great job. Like others have said smoother shifts and a quality oil for the temps that mine indures in the deserts towing my toybox each summer.
    [CENTER]2005 Silverado 4X4 CC LB LLY [/CENTER]
    [CENTER]Air Lift Bags, [COLOR=black]Amsoil F2B[/COLOR], KB IOH Kit, BD Manifold, Fumoto Valve, PCV Reroute, Resonator Plugged, Mag-Hytec Diff Cover & Trans Pan, PPE X STD, 4" SS Magnaflow Kitty Ran Off[/CENTER]

[CENTER][URL="http://www.duramaxfilters.com"]www.duramaxfilters.com[/URL][/CENTER]

I have a built DTT tranny and i use the amsoil Torque drive not the atf is that a problem? What grade of oil do you guys run? 15 40

Default what kind?

Does anyone know what trans fluid comes in the 06 allison from the factory?? Is it dexronIII or dexron VI ??

So am i to understand with the deep pan and a oil filter change, drain and refill allison takes 10.6 quarts. Correct?
    ORDERED 1-15-03 ARRIVED 2-10-03= 03/2500HD/D/A/EXT.CAB LT/ LONG BOX/4X4/CARBON METALLIC/ONSTAR/ TTT CAMPER MIRRORS/WESTIN BOARDS WITH LITES/HUSKY FLOOR LINERS/PRO FIT FLAPS/ACCESS TONNO/LINEX BED RAILS/ FUMOTO OIL DRAIN VALVE,
    BEDRUG/BILSTEIN SHOCKS/ ISSPRO EGT GAUGE/RED LINE LUBE, BANKS EXHAUST BRAKE. GALAXY 929 CB/ WILSON 1000.KENNEDY LIFT PUMP.

Quote Originally Posted by DIESEL/VETTE View Post
    So am i to understand with the deep pan and a oil filter change, drain and refill allison takes 10.6 quarts. Correct?
    See post #7
    06 1ton 4X4 duramax/6speed ext.cab WT
    Hummer wheels :^)
    dual lift pump
    Banks air intake

Thank you.
    ORDERED 1-15-03 ARRIVED 2-10-03= 03/2500HD/D/A/EXT.CAB LT/ LONG BOX/4X4/CARBON METALLIC/ONSTAR/ TTT CAMPER MIRRORS/WESTIN BOARDS WITH LITES/HUSKY FLOOR LINERS/PRO FIT FLAPS/ACCESS TONNO/LINEX BED RAILS/ FUMOTO OIL DRAIN VALVE,
    BEDRUG/BILSTEIN SHOCKS/ ISSPRO EGT GAUGE/RED LINE LUBE, BANKS EXHAUST BRAKE. GALAXY 929 CB/ WILSON 1000.KENNEDY LIFT PUMP.