Thread: G30 Van 2nd Battery

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default G30 Van 2nd Battery

Hello every one. 1st post here.

Just came in to a 1984 G30 Van. It's in wonderful shape. I would like to put a 2 battery's on it, and it looks like the 6.2 diesel models came with 2 battery's. I know 2nd battery is behind the driver, but not sure if I'm looking in the right spot for the mounting hole's. I've tried looking for a pic on Google, but to no avail. Any one have/had a G model have with a diesel with a pic of the 2nd battery location. That would be great.

Thank you all for you time
    Doug

P.S. this a 350 gas model that I have.

It's under the drivers seat area just past the wheel well. I try to get you a picture when it warms up a little.
    2015 VW Passat TDI SE, 6 speed manual
    Past Diesels
    1980 MB 240D, 4 speed manual
    1983 GMC Vandura 3500 Nu-Wa 23' Class C Motorhome
    6.2L Diesel, Turbo 400
    1985 MB 300D Turbodiesel, auto
    1992 Chevy C2500HD 6.5 Dieselturbo, auto
    1994 Chevy C2500HD 6.5 Dieselturbo, auto
    2010 VW Jetta Sportwagon TDI, 6 speed manual, sunroof

Hi
    You could go with an Optima battery,it dosn't matter which way up you mount them.Then you could just mount it to the frame somewhere and not have to cut up the body.What are you using the extra battery for?
    Thomas
    90 Chev 3500 c/c 4x4,6.2na,400 auto,4:10 gears.DSG Timing gears,main girdle, isspro tach, pyro,boost,oil and trany temp.Dual Tstats, High volume peninsular pump,on shelf, Custom turbo and intercooler 85%complete. Change of plans for the dually, it's going to get a Cummins. Both trucks are Blue 90 4x4 crews

Thank you AVM62 I will await you pic.

Yukon6.2

Have a cargo trailer that I sleep in when off roading, would like a battery to run the 2 inside lights, maybe the outside trailer lights and a Whelen Edge 9000 light bar.

Hi DaCarmack
    You should have an isolator for the extra battery,that way you will not run down the starter battery,just in case a light gets left on or...
    Thomas
    90 Chev 3500 c/c 4x4,6.2na,400 auto,4:10 gears.DSG Timing gears,main girdle, isspro tach, pyro,boost,oil and trany temp.Dual Tstats, High volume peninsular pump,on shelf, Custom turbo and intercooler 85%complete. Change of plans for the dually, it's going to get a Cummins. Both trucks are Blue 90 4x4 crews