Thread: Thank you Diesel Page

Default Thank you Diesel Page

Thanks for your help with this one. I had taken my 98 6.5TD to the dealer to find the source of my stalling and rough running. They told me it was the Fuel Injection Pump and to replace it they wanted $2,700. I told them to forget it, and as dealers do, they haggled and came down and said they would do it for $2,100. I still said no, and as per my previous posting, was looking for a pump, and I have a friend who is a diesel mechanic who was going to put it in for me. As I was looking around I researched the fuel injector pump on this website and other related links, I learned that most of the time, the problem is the PMD, not the whole pump. Fortunately, the PMD, had been relocated to the top of the engine by a previous owner, and I found a website through this page where I could buy a used PMD for $70. Since my PMD is very accessible, I figured I would give it a try. I got the part, took me about 10 minutes to change it out, and whamo, problem solved. Truck runs fantastic. The $20 bucks I paid for a subscription to the diesel page has saved me over $2,000 already. Thank you.

Thanks for your comments!

Not only is this the very first GM diesel enthusiast web site, but it is also the only enthusiast web site that was founded by and continues to be operated by 6.5 enthusiasts.

Jim