TheDieselPage.com Forums  
2017 - TDP's 21st Anniversary
What's New: | Feature Articles: | Product Reviews: | Member's Area: | Subscribe:
Duramax 6600 Diesel Page | Advertiser's Section | Classified Ads | Photo Album | Diesel Books, GM Licensed T-shirts

Go Back   TheDieselPage.com Forums > The Diesel Page Member Forums > Member's Forum
Register FAQ Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

Member's Forum The Diesel Page Member community forum. General discussion forum for topics not necessarily focused on diesels.

Old 05-19-2017, 11:16 AM
Enthusiast

Truman: The Buck Stops Here.
Trump: The buck stops anywhere but here. it's not my fault. Fake news! Look at me!!

So: What has Trump done for YOU?

There's no point being a pessimist - it wouldn't work anyway.
Old 05-19-2017, 12:09 PM
Administrator

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidoxidationman View Post

So: What has Trump done for YOU?
Tons....

President Trump: What the new White House has done so far
http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2017/...7811485361327/
Old 05-19-2017, 12:28 PM
Enthusiast

A real answer!
Thank you.

I love some of the points in the article you linked:

Quote:
Religious politics: Trump issued an order to ease federal restrictions against political activity by tax-exempt religious organizations.

Agriculture: Trump signed an order to review potential impediments to growth in the domestic agriculture industry. He took the action after a roundtable meeting with a number of U.S. farmers, industry officials and Ag Secretary George "Sonny" Perdue.

Deregulation: Trump signed an executive order and two memoranda. The order directs the Treasury to review tax regulations initiated last year to determine if they overreach and are cost-effective. The memoranda called for reviews of Dodd-Frank, the 2010 law against fiscal abuses that led to the financial crisis, and the Financial Stability Oversight Council's procedure in designating banks "too big to fail."

Labor: Trump signed the "Buy American, Hire American" executive order -- an action aimed at enforcing domestic worker rules and ending "abuses" of the U.S. H-1B work visa program. It also directs federal agencies to review trade rules that might undermine the domestic labor market.
*I wonder if Trump uses immigrants in his enterprises or if he only hires US citizens...

Environment: President Trump signed an executive order to roll back a suite of planned environmental regulations in an effort to spur energy independence. The order will kick off a review of former President Barack Obama's Clean Power Plan, lift a short-term ban on leasing federal land for coal production, lift limits on coal production and return energy production authority to the states.

Clean Water Act: President Trump signed an executive order calling for a review of an Obama-era rule expanding the number of bodies of water under environmental protection.

Gun Control: President Trump signed a bill nullifying an Obama-era rule aimed at blocking gun sales to people found to be mentally ill.

Stream Protection: President Trump signed House Joint Resolution 38, which scraps an Obama administration environmental rule to protect waterways from coal mining waste. Trump's administration said the rule puts mining companies at a competitive disadvantage.

Anti-Corruption Repeal: President Trump signed House Joint Resolution 41, which wipes away a federal rule that requires energy companies to disclose royalties and government payments. The rule was imposed by the Obama administration last year as a transparency measure. Trump's government said it puts U.S. energy companies at a disadvantage.

Wall Street Regulation: Trump signed an executive order to ease U.S. fiscal regulations in the Dodd–Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act of 2010 -- which was a response to the financial crisis and Great Recession that Trump's administration called "overreaching."

Homeowners insurance: The new president also suspended a scheduled insurance rate cut for new homeowners, which had been set by Barack Obama's government. The cut would have reduced annual insurance premiums for new Federal Housing Administration loans by 25 basis points -- from 0.85 to 0.60.
Yup, thanks for proving my point. A real Man of the People, Trump is. If you're a corporation. Who needs clean water anyway?

Old 05-19-2017, 04:24 PM
Enthusiast

in recognition of what he's actually doing to help the little guy, here are the relevant points from the article:

Labor: Trump signed the "Buy American, Hire American" executive order -- an action aimed at enforcing domestic worker rules and ending "abuses" of the U.S. H-1B work visa program. It also directs federal agencies to review trade rules that might undermine the domestic labor market.

Drug abuse: Trump signed an order establishing the President's Commission Combating Drug Addiction and the Opioid Crisis to fight the epidemic of prescription drug overuse and overdose. New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie was assigned to the panel, which seeks to fight dependence on opioid narcotics.

Women in Science: President Trump signed two bills aiming to promote women in the STEM fields. The Protecting Women in Entrepreneurship Act calls on the National Science Foundation to "recruit and support women to expand their focus into the commercial world in its entrepreneurial programs. The Inspiring the Next Space Pioneers, Innovators, Researchers and Explorers Women Act requires NASA to encourage women and girls to study science, technology, engineering and mathematics.

3. So there's that...

Old 05-22-2017, 07:18 AM
Administrator

If it walks like a duck....

Quote:
U.S. Concedes $400 Million Payment to Iran Was Delayed as Prisoner ‘Leverage’

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/19/w...ners.html?_r=0
A plane load of cold hard cash delivered to bad guys in the middle of the night and on a remote runway.... Sounds like a drug deal... But in reality, it was a violation of U.S. law that forbids negotiating with state sponsors of terror. Even Iran admits it was a deal for hostages. All this was done entirely without the approval of Congress or consent of the American people.

Next up.... Fast & Furious: The U.S. becomes embroiled in a gunwalker scandal that kills Americans.

Last edited by More Power; 05-22-2017 at 08:23 AM.
Old 05-22-2017, 06:43 PM
Enthusiast

so... Blame Trump's stupidity and unwillingness to follow through on election promises on Obama? You remember that Obama isn't president anymore, right?

Hey wait a minute. I thought the "right" thought the NYT is fake news. Or is that only true when they've got the juice on Trump?

Old 05-22-2017, 06:53 PM
Enemy of the State

You didn't expect us to blame Bush, did you?
-Joseph Sobran

Current oil burners: MB 350SDL, Kubota 7510
Gone but not forgotten: '87 F350 7.3, '91 C2500 6.5, '95 K2500 6.5, '06 K2500HD 6.6
Old 05-22-2017, 06:56 PM
Enthusiast

lol
Old 05-23-2017, 07:38 AM
Administrator

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidoxidationman View Post
so... Blame Trump's stupidity....
OK, let's talk about stupidity...

Quote:
The Dumbest Things President Obama Has Said Over the Years

https://www.thoughtco.com/barack-oba...gaffes-2733986
Old 05-23-2017, 10:02 AM
Enthusiast

You really want to go there when you've got Dan Quail in your history?

Meanwhile, Trump's hypocricy continues in the middle east.

Republicans slowly distance themselves from the CIC.

And the russian connection investigation continues...