My hypothesis is that a larger fuel cooler, and/or fuel cooler misting would reduce the number of occurances, to the extent that it could keep fuel temps at or below 160F as observed earlier in this thread. I don't think it would eliminate the codes being set, for how I thrash these trucks in the late summer running mountains and tall/wide boats.

Clearly its a symptom of high gallon injectors - miles has nothing to do with it, its the # gallons of fuel through them that wears them out.

My 2006 and now my 2009, doing exactly the same work with exactly the. same trailer with exactly the same driver and exactly the same loads started to fail at EXACTLY THE SAME MILEAGE.

Suprised? Nope.

I am on a mission to program around this, and keep treating fuel and running rail cleaner to see how long I can keep the injector tips happy. Then I'll probably take the 5K and trade on a 2011. But thats just me, and this is a business truck, which is sort of like a carpenters hammer. They wear out, I get a new one.

Ever wonder why JK hasn't rolled up his sleeves in the last few YEARS we've known about this, and delivered a clean solution to the programming problem GM created?

Hmmmm....