Thread: Slight vibration...

Default Slight vibration...

Since having the fuel system repair done on my '06 Duramax 2500. Here is a link to the post with all the problems. http://www.thedieselpageforums.com/t...ad.php?t=26411

I picked it up and it had a slight vibration you can feel in the brake pedal mostly, throttle pedal, and steering wheel also when stopped weather in park or drive. Took it to dealer they said they checked others there and they had the same vibration. When I picked it up I checked one they had with about 15,000 miles and it was alot less than mine, but it had the same repairs as mine. I took the truck anyways, but i'm not happy. Had insurance adjuster look at it today, he thought it wasn't normal either. Wondering if anyone elses vibrates any? Another thing i'm wondering if I take it to another dealer and try it under warranty,will all this work i've had done might come up on there data base and they refuse to work on it.

The guys with a lot more experience with the DM will come in here with some good advice for you, I'm sure. But, here's a little something to try, based on our experience with my son's 03.
    Crack the bleed bolt on top of the fuel filter, and pump that shiny silver gray plunger on top to see if any air comes out. There shouldn't be any, but hey, strange things happen with electronic gadgets. Far as I know, the DM injection system is supposed to purge itself of any residual air, if it has so little in there that it will start up innitially.
    I've had my truck refuse to shift out of 1st. Had it refuse to take a gear. I would have taken it to a GM dealer, but that was thousands of miles ago, and all I did was shut it off and re-start, and it was fine. Been that way for 5 months, now. Go figure.
    Good luck.
    DW
    2008 Jaco Seneca 35' motor home (Kodiak 5500 chassis). Pulling 18' Wells Cargo enclosed trailer, with 2016 Miata in it.

I'm taking it to the best GM tech in the area tomorrow, he has always been with dealers but has his own independent shop now. If I would of known all this from the start he would of been the one who fixed it the first time. Let you know tomorrow.

Tech put scanner on it and found no problems. He did some checking and found power steering line was touching engine block. He bent it some and it helped some but everything was so hot. He said if I'm not happy with that bring it back and well let it cool down and he can do a better job bending it away.

you might check your U joints on your drive shaft. i had a viberation and that is what i have found. i'm going to change the rear U joint next week before it goes out to.

My truck will vibrate like that when I have a U joint going. I can feel it vibrate mostly when I step on the gas pedal.

It also makes a whine when I drive slowly around a tight corner (for example a drive through at a fast food restaurant)

It did this one other time and when we got it apart it has actually ceased, and was causing the vibrtaion.

We have one going again, and it does the same thing.
    2001 Chevy silverado 2500HD 4x4, crew cab,5-speed Allison, 6.6 Duramax