Thread: Cummins 4bta 3.9

Post Cummins 4bta 3.9

I have a track loader with a 4b cummins in it. Any ideas on where to get a reman engine or rebuild kit for this. This will be the third time to rebuild this engine. It is using a gallon of oil each day. It is starting to get costly. Thanks Cass DIRTTRUCKING@aol.com

try a local truck shop. a tractor/industrial version of the 3.9b is basically the same as the truck application of the engine. the block may need to be machined, and if it is bad, it may need to have dry liners pressed into it...
    nick leinonen<br /><br />current ride - 2003 ram 1500 quad shortie 4.7 hand shaker - <a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/nickleinonen\" target=\"_blank\">pictures</a>

Thumbs up

You could also try these guys...also known as "Gomer's". I've been to their shop in Missoula and they sure seem to know their stuff.

http://www.usdieselparts.com/

I noticed rebuilt 4bts on their website.
    2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD CC D/ZF SB Fire Red 2WD no longer the fastest stocker up the hill at the TDP Pull Off. -sold-
    2004 Chevy Suburban 5.3L 2WD
    1996 GMC Sierra 1500 5.0L 5sp 2WD LB

Look up Cummins in the phone book. There is a dis up here in Birmingham, their on 79 hwy. they could help you out.

Burner~~~~~~~
    2003 GMC SLT CC 4x4 SB-Cooper Tires-Speed Liner-Activator II-Full length ICI SS step bars B&W Goose & more to come
    -- Member #7527
    E-Mail --&gt;Twomuchplay(at)AOL(dot)com

Thumbs up

Give cummins.com a try they have TECH E-mail help on the web. They will get back to you quickly with what ever you may need.

Just a suggestion,
    have seen many cummins engines for sale in Ebay.
    Might be cheaper than a rebuild when you figure in
    all the labor cost.
    vr
    amccom

I bought a surplus 4bta from a guy in Ohio. It is supposed to be new. 128hp--10 more than i have now with no core. Stours Ltd i believe is the name. I went to cummins in bham and got a turbo not long ago. thanks for the info cass. ps. any suggestions on a 3 in dia universal intake system for it. it seems dust has bee trashing my engine.

Go to cummins and have them rebuild it. And if that dosen't work GET A NEW ENGINE!
    1982 Chevy Blazer Silverado<br />6.2l a/t 4x4 31/10.5x15 tires<p>95 Camaro FOR SALE email cjanddd@attbi.com If you want info