No, not an issue, or anything unusual. The car came with 2 year, dealer provided, no-charge scheduled maintenance warranty. The service is more costly than gasser models, in that, the oil is more expensive (dexos2, vs, dexos1, with the only aftermarket being Mobil Series 3000, which isn't typically available, anywhere), and also required DEF (no biggie, really, about $15 every 10K). I did two services out of the warranty. The oil filter is a PITA to access, and the oil costs $50-60, and isn't available just anywhere (dealer only in my area, no alternatives, and nothing reasonable online). The filter is typical, at around $10. I also did the fuel filter, but it was unremarkable. Boring, really.

The "free" service was only a very small part of the decision. We were at the point of, stay in it for another 3-4 years (end of extended warranty), or move into a new vehicle. We were planning on doing this in early 2017, but just moved faster now, only for the financial angle (the majority of the Volt rebates/credits are tax-year dependent, didn't want to wait until 2018 to cash in, and some of the CA rebates will sunset by then), and were so impressed with the Volt. The car gets about 20K miles a year, so trade-in value also played a part. The car went away "like new" (KBB excellent), with the only drawback being the miles and the need for new tires (the appraisal hit was less than half the cost of new tires).

Ultimately, for a hands-on DIY'er, the car was quite boring. Nothing broke, wore out, or required any attention. No squeaks. No rattles. Nothing. The car performed as well at 55K as it did new. Even the brakes were at 90%. I suppose (hope) I can expect the same from the Volt, as the fit and finish quality is at least up to the same standard. This speaks well for the quality of the cars, but leaves an old wrencher with nothing to do but look at it.

I'm not here to talk up the Volt, but the "normal" wear items just won't wear, or simply don't exist. The ridiculously long warranties cover almost everything out of sight (8 years, 150K for the high voltage systems, for example). The engine rarely runs (hard to tell without instrumentation, since it's almost always completely silent, even when it's running), it doesn't have a transmission to speak of (there's a purdy, basket ball size thing hanging off the engine), and the service brakes are only used to hold a complete stop (automatic regen, and regen-on-demand are VERY effective), or an unexpected hard stop. Almost everything on the car is electrically driven by the high voltage system. The engine has one (short) acc. belt, and that only drives an external water pump (something I can repair, if it breaks). It has 3 separate cooling systems, engine, high voltage system, and power electronics system, each with its own coolant reservoir and radiator. Every system is sealed from the elements, and are climate-controlled. At the going rate, it looks like I won't have to lay a wrench on it for 7 years or so. Maybe I'll rotate the tires and change the oil at some time, but there's just nothing more to do that isn't warrantied during that time. Another boring car, I think. Looks to be more boring than the Cruze, but it's actually more fun and comfortable to drive, by a lot. I have only 2 gripes about the car, and they're trivial. Like the Cruze Diesel, this car delivers everything promised, in spades, with an end-cost significantly less than a new Cruze Diesel.