Thread: sensor ?

Cool sensor ?

just change the speedometer sensor on my allison because speedometer stop working ,moving at 1oo kms needle went down slowly to 0 always appen when hot moving for 1 hours or more????

Arrow

You can also check vehicle speed sensor output with a Predator programmer. If the value matches the speedometer, it's the sensor. If it doesn't match, it's the speedo (replace/repair the IPC). Often, you can fix a lot of IPC errors with a computer reset. Disconnect BOTH battery + cables and ground a cable to the chassis for at least 30 minutes. Be sure BOTH batt+ terminals are NOT connected to anything.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

Smile instrument cluster

Quote Originally Posted by lalou View Post
    just change the speedometer sensor on my allison because speedometer stop working ,moving at 1oo kms needle went down slowly to 0 always appen when hot moving for 1 hours or more????
    sent my instrument cluster to be calibrateb, put it back no more problem !!! if you need info WHIZARD.COM cost around 200$ to fixe.

Another, perhaps less expensive, option would be to acquire a salvage IPC. I bought one for my D/A/ conversion for not a lot.

Jim