Thread: Hood Replacement

Does anyone know if the hood of a 2002 2500HD GMC and the hood of a 2002 2500HD Chevy are interchangable?

I don't know if the hoods are interchangeable. Just wanted to say that when I picked up my from the dealer he told me: "Be careful when shutting the hood. Do not push down too hard as you will bend the hood".
    Still makes me laugh. Spending this much money on a truck that's heavy duty and then am told I can't push on the hood or I will bend it. Guess I will add it too my list of moderate quality on my expensive truck.
    2001 2500HD GMC Duramax/Allison Summit White CC/LB<br />Rhino, Reese 5th wheel hitch<br />2002 Cougar 279EFS<br />1973 CR250M Elsinore

You will need to change more than hood. I believe the are cut differently because of the different headlights.

You will have to change the fenders, headlights and grill.

I believe that you can put the standard Hood from a 1/2 ton Chevy on it, but have not had a chance to try this.
    2006 Silverado CC Dmax/Allison
    Dual remote Filters Air Raid Filter
    Bully Dog Triple Dog
    5" Cat Back Exhaust

Thumbs down

I have to agree with the above, my buddies Silverado 2500HD and my Sierra 2500 HD are parked side by side right now, and we noticed that the front corners of the hoods and the fenders are different, so the whole front clip goes together...hood, fenders, grill, bumper and lights are all different.
    2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD CC D/ZF SB Fire Red 2WD no longer the fastest stocker up the hill at the TDP Pull Off. -sold-
    2004 Chevy Suburban 5.3L 2WD
    1996 GMC Sierra 1500 5.0L 5sp 2WD LB