Thread: waste gate

Default waste gate

'04 6.6l LB7. Waist gate is stuck closed. It runs and drives perfectly fine. Hauls great. Intake tubes are after market by what I can tell. Idk if who might of had the truck before me did something to the waist gate to keep it closed for some reason. I took the vacuum line off to see if it would move but still didn't. Im not sure if it matters all the much though.

The wastegate opens with pressure not vacuum. If you apply pressure via compressed air at the chamber it should open. Otherwise it will remain seated.

CA LB7 trucks had a throttle in the intake that I believe was vacuum controlled.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

Quote Originally Posted by Kennedy View Post
    The wastegate opens with pressure not vacuum. If you apply pressure via compressed air at the chamber it should open. Otherwise it will remain seated.

CA LB7 trucks had a throttle in the intake that I believe was vacuum controlled.
    But shouldn't it still open if I try to move it manually?

Arrow

It's held tightly closed with spring tension. It takes quite a bit of force to move it by hand. It takes more than 20 PSI compressed air to begin to open it. If it runs well, has good power and isn't setting an overboost code under heavy load acceleration, it's not an issue.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com