Thread: What Can This Code Mean?

Default What Can This Code Mean?

I started my truck this morning in 90 degree weather and the glow plug light would not go out. I have been down this road before so I looked at the code(s) and it had two:

P0671 #1 Glow Plug - No surprise here.

P0116 Engine Coolant Temp Circuit Range/Performance Problem

What could this second one be?

I have an appointment for next week to get the glow plug replaced and whatever this second is?

Any ideas guys?

I just looked this code up on Google and found it could be a stuck open thermostat. This is a possibility since the thermostats in this truck have never been changed and it did take a 12 mile drive today in 90 degree weather, all in city traffic, for the engine temp to get up to it's normal position on the gauge. Did I just answer my own question?
    Ed
    KM4STL

'06 Sierra LBZ 4x4 Crew SB, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, TTT/Schefenacker Mirrors
    '98 Suburban, 245,000 - sold 7-4-06

Ed your 2006 LBZ and my 06 seem to be having the same problems lately. I believe that the P0116 code was showing when my thermostats were bad and not bringing the motor up to operating temperature quick enough. I didn't write down the code but P0116 sounds like the one it was throwing.
    *2006 Chevy, 3500, 4X4, DRW, (LBZ) D/A, CC, LT, 252K Miles, 19.5" Wheels, Mag Hytec Transmission Pan and Differential Cover, SS Grill Guard, Racor 2 micron aux fuel filter, 100 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank, using Edge Evolution, Predator Diablosport, Kennedy ECM tune, Fitch Fuel Catalyst.

*2006 Four Winds, Dutchman, 36', RV, D/A, 5500 Kodiak.
    *1993 Harley Davidson, Turbo charged, Springer Softail.
    *2007 Pontiac Solstice.
    *2005 Jeep, Liberty, CRD (diesel).
    *Full-timing in USA, see America first.

BUY AMERICAN or CANADIAN, NOTHING from CHINA .