Thread: Kennedy Diesel pump wear plate

Default Kennedy Diesel pump wear plate

Hats off to you for a simple fix to a very bad design flaw. I got the part very quickly with fantastic communication regarding invoicing & shipping. The part was simple to install & fit well. Price is fantastic, I have already forwarded the info to two family members that have the same transfer case and will continue to let people know where to get the repair "kit". If anybody here has not installed this part what are you waiting for?
    87 crew cab dually 2wd w/6.2 converted to 4wd and working on 6.6 lb7 transplant. frame up restoration.
    04 e350 w/6.0 work van
    00 24' prowler

I agree. This has to be the easiest to install and least expensive fix for the transfer case wear-through problem I've seen. I did mine a while back. Removing the txfer case and separating the case was not at all difficult - while on a lift.

Jim

Hi
    I'm in the process of aquiring a new to our fleet 03 GMC.What years and model transfercase require the update?
    Thanks Thomas
    90 Chev 3500 c/c 4x4,6.2na,400 auto,4:10 gears.DSG Timing gears,main girdle, isspro tach, pyro,boost,oil and trany temp.Dual Tstats, High volume peninsular pump,on shelf, Custom turbo and intercooler 85%complete. Change of plans for the dually, it's going to get a Cummins. Both trucks are Blue 90 4x4 crews

NVG 263 "Selectable" NP1 transfer case (the pushbutton version) and the NVG 261 2-speed manually shifted NP2 version.

I believe these were used in all GM HD pickups through the 2007 classic.

Jim

Hi
    It has the pushbutton,have been told that it is a 1500.But it has 8hole wheels.It has the 6 liter,and trans temp guage.Havn't actually dug out the serial #,the decal has come off the door,and the windshield was pushed out and hav'nt removed whats left.Havn't recieved the title from insurance company yet,it was a write off.
    Thanks Thomas
    90 Chev 3500 c/c 4x4,6.2na,400 auto,4:10 gears.DSG Timing gears,main girdle, isspro tach, pyro,boost,oil and trany temp.Dual Tstats, High volume peninsular pump,on shelf, Custom turbo and intercooler 85%complete. Change of plans for the dually, it's going to get a Cummins. Both trucks are Blue 90 4x4 crews

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Yukon6.2 View Post
    Hi
    It has the pushbutton,have been told that it is a 1500.But it has 8hole wheels.It has the 6 liter,and trans temp guage.Havn't actually dug out the serial #,the decal has come off the door,and the windshield was pushed out and hav'nt removed whats left.Havn't recieved the title from insurance company yet,it was a write off.
    Thanks Thomas
    If it's a late(r) model (1998+), it's probably a NV246, and this doesn't apply. The NV246 is the "auto 4x4" TC, and there should be an "auto 4x4" button on the dash above the standard buttons (2 Hi, 4 Hi, 4 Lo). This was the standard TC for all 2500 (non HD) and lighter truck chassis with "push button" TC control. None of the 2001+ 2500HD's or 3500's have this TC. There are also some other service considerations to take into account with this (maintenance, service intervals, fluid type), so verify which you have. Even some dealers get confused with these, and occasionally toast them with the wrong service.

Also, the weight class designation may not effect the drivetrain. For example, the 1500HD is, in fact, a 2500 (non HD) crew cab, with a GVWR of 8600#, which is not really a 1500, and has 8 lug wheels. According to the description you've provided so far, this is what it is, or it's a 2500 (non HD). In any case, the TC wear update should not apply. If it turns out you have a 2500HD, then the wear update would apply.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

easy to roll underneath & check the tag.
    87 crew cab dually 2wd w/6.2 converted to 4wd and working on 6.6 lb7 transplant. frame up restoration.
    04 e350 w/6.0 work van
    00 24' prowler