Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LML Duramax Questions

Default Exhaust Fluid warning

I'm getting all of the same messages.

Check Exhaust System
    Poor fluid quality

I went to the Dealer and they charged me $180. Said they reprogrammed the computer....

It lasted for about a week, and now all of the warning signs are appearing again.

2011 - 3500 HD with 26,000 miles.

Just six months past the 36 month warranty. WTF. Does anybody else have a better solution?

Arrow

Have a closer look at your powertrain and emission system warranties. The systems you are having issues with will be covered by one or the other. Your dealer okie-doked you.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

Default Exhaus

Are you sure that they are covered after 36 months? GM?

I actually have an extended warranty that I purchased separately and I think that I can now use it for a SECOND repair of the same item.

Arrow

The powertrain warranty is 5 years or 100,000 miles. The emission warranty is at least near that, in any state. Way longer than 3.5 years and 26,000 miles. A previous warranty complaint for the same issue will almost always extend that, too. Your extended warranty repair, if for the same thing, wasn't a "repair", and should have never been used for this. If it's a GMPP warranty, you're covered, easily. If the issue is the same, there'll be no deductible, as well. Don't let them tell you different.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

Default Exhaust Fluid warning

Thanks for the encouragement.

I'll let you know what I run in to.

Hi BillBB,

I understand that your issue returned after you visited one of our dealerships for
    poor fluid quality. I realize that this must be frustrating and I do apologize. Can I be of any assistance? I would be more than happy to look into this concern for you. Feel free to contact me my private message if I can be of any assistance.

Jennifer T.
    GM Customer Care
    For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html.

Quote Originally Posted by justlkn View Post
    Emissions equipment is required by Federal law to be covered for five years or 50,000 miles.

And no mods to the motor. I did debadge some here and added some chrome there but keeping her stock for as long as possible. I bought her to work and that she does that well.
    Or until the District Manager decides that he does not want to warranty your truck anymore and decides to pull the plug on your extended warranty on unfounded reasons after almost 2 years of documented problems with the vehicle with no solution. GM does not have a solution to the problem and does not know how to correct the problem.
    2012 LML SRW 3500HD LTZ long box

Mods: Spray in Line-X bed liner, 20K QCurt, tinted windows, Futomo oil drain valve, (pulled stock intake out and installed Airaid cold air intake after regenerations were taking place every 200 miles to try and salvage MPG), Edge Insight monitor.

Pulling a Dutchman 3530FBH fifth wheel. Weight empty 12,500lbs. probably been up to 14,000lbs.