Thread: What are drivability issues?

Default What are drivability issues?

I'm researching adding an Edge Juice w/attitude CTS to my truck. I continue to see drivability and reliability issues mentioned without really being defined.

What do these mean?

My truck is an '04 bone stock with the exception of the KD mega-filter and lift pump.
    140k miles on the 1st set of injectors (which need changed soon. At the same time, I'll move the CAI sensor, add a 4" exhaust, and open the intake box)

I'm almost certain I'd be happier with a KD custom ecm, But I Rrreeaalllllyyyyy like the CTS gauge display.

If I were made of money, I'd get the KD ecm AND the edge monitor. Maybe I''l just hafta save my pennies and do just that.
    \'04 DA Silverado 4x4 quadcab 143k, New injectors, 4" exhaust (love the tone!!) Edge evo CTS, KD megafilter and liftpump.

Thanks!
    I had not found that previously. (even tho I have a hard copy of it at the house)

All the references I did find were incomplete anecdotal posts... "made my truck run badly" (euphemism corrected)

"EFI rocks!!" doesn't really help much either.
    \'04 DA Silverado 4x4 quadcab 143k, New injectors, 4" exhaust (love the tone!!) Edge evo CTS, KD megafilter and liftpump.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by DChristie View Post
    ....If I were made of money, I'd get the KD ecm AND the edge monitor. Maybe I''l just hafta save my pennies and do just that.
    Kennedy and I discussed the use of both an Edge Attitude along with a reprogrammed ECM, and he indicated that it's not a good idea. I have a Kennedy ECM in my Lil Red project truck that has a switch-selectable 2-position switch that allows switching between a +100 and +300 or thereabouts program. The Attitude is still there, but disconnected.

I've thought about having the program changed to include a stock program and the race program so I can use the Edge in the stock setting. I'll have to run this by JK to get his opinion. Jim