Thread: Short oil life 2009 duramax

Default Short oil life 2009 duramax

I have a 2009 Chevrolet Duramax with approximately 61000 miles on it and to my knowledge the only after market part on it is the Fass fuel system. The problem i am having since i bought the truck is that at a approximately every 1500 miles or so my change engine oil soon light is coming on. I have no check engine lights and everything else about my truck seems to be doing just fine. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance and just an fyi I am new to diesels as this is my first one. Thanks again, God bless!

Quote Originally Posted by crzy2genius View Post
    I have a 2009 Chevrolet Duramax with approximately 61000 miles on it and to my knowledge the only after market part on it is the Fass fuel system. The problem i am having since i bought the truck is that at a approximately every 1500 miles or so my change engine oil soon light is coming on. I have no check engine lights and everything else about my truck seems to be doing just fine. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance and just an fyi I am new to diesels as this is my first one. Thanks again, God bless!
    Hey crzy2genius,

I’m very sorry to hear that your check engine light seems to be coming on every 1500 miles or so. Though you’re looking for feedback from the forum community, please let us know if we can be of any assistance with this concern. You’re always welcome to send us a private message with any questions that you may have. If you do decide to reach out to us, please be sure to include your VIN, full contact information and the name of your preferred dealership.

Kind regards,

Shane M.
    GM Customer Care
    For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html.

Its not my check engine light, its my change engine oil soon light. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by crzy2genius View Post
    Its not my check engine light, its my change engine oil soon light. Thanks!
    Hi crzy2genius,

Thank you for the correction and for letting me know! I certainly apologize for the typing error. I definitely intended to say change engine oil light. Yet, as always, you're more than welcome to send us a private message should you have any questions!

Best,

Shane M.
    GM Customer Care
    For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html.

I know this may be late BUT have you ever cleared the Change Oil light. I think it will keep coming on every so often until it is cleared. My truck will come on about 7500 miles or so. I don't go by it to change my Oil so I just clear it and move on.

I have never run my oil to the distance the DIC recommends either so I don't know what happens if you never clear it. I tow heavy every few weeks so oil changes at 5,000 miles for me and every 25,000 for the Allison.
    Ed
    KM4STL

'06 Sierra LBZ 4x4 Crew SB, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, TTT/Schefenacker Mirrors
    '98 Suburban, 245,000 - sold 7-4-06