Thread: power assist

Default power assist

weird issue power steering has no power, hydraboost works fine, do these systems have independent pressure relief valves? or both on 1, if its the latter im guessing steering box

nobody?

Arrow

Patience. This isn't something that's common, at all. Have a look at the Speed Sensitive Steering, to start with. Check for BCM codes, too.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

AKMark is offline Building another 6.2L powered vehicle

I've had issues with a 6.5 where I had to crack open the pressure line that runs from the hydroboost to the steering box to get fluid flow. Once I did, the steering was great. But it had locked for some reason that years later never returned.

I would use a wrench and just see if fluid is going through the pressure line going to the steering box. It could just be pumping everything to the return.
    05 2500HD CC LB LLY, 4x4, 3.73s 235/85R16's, webasto cab heater, to keep it warm.
    03 Buick Rendezvous - When you average over 80 miles per day driving around, you need one of these.
    85 K-5, 6.2, SM465, Rockwell T221, 1 tons, 36's. More goodies to be installed as time and money allows.
    82 K20, 6.2, SM465, NP208, stock except for bed rack, snow plow, and glow plugs are on a toggle switch. It works great for plowing!
    72 Postal Jeep - Yet another project

Happened to me. I was told to put it in park with the engine running and push the accelerator pedal down to rev the engine some. It cleared up. Then I flushed the system with new fluid.

weird as the problem seems, same goes for remedies, ill try everything, and post results, thanks!