Thread: No power to ALDL

Default No power to ALDL

I am in the middle of a conversion on my '96 CK3500 from 7.4 gas to the LB7 duramax from an '03 2500hd. I have the engine mounted and "most" of the engine wires plugged in. I am at the point of filling fluids and seeing what happens when parts show up so I can get coolant in it. Something odd is going on in the fuel system, when I hooked up the batteries the injectors (maybe fuel pump?) started "buzzing" with the key off. It ran the battery down, after charging them up again I decided to try to pull codes to see if I could learn anything and the code reader will not power up, neither will the new fancy Edge CS tuner.
    Does anyone have any ideas what I forgot to plug in? Should I just start cranking when I get the Dex-cool in it to see what happens?

Check the lighter fuse.

On a new project like this where plumbing leaks are possible I prefer to fill with water first so if I have to pop something apart it's less of a mess.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

Got the system filled (no leaks) the hum/ buzz quits when I pull the fuse marked ECMI or the relay for the EDU. Engine turns over and fires for 1-2 seconds then dies. No message center lights at all.
    '94 C/K2500 5.7 5speed

'96 C/K 3500 Crew LB7 /Allison conversion (in progress)

The fire and die sounds like the anti theft. This will have to be nuked in the programming.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!