Thread: Schaeffer oil company???

Hello all, just got visited by saleman trying to sell his product. Whats everyone's opinions on Schaeffer oil? I have never heard of it.
    any input??
    My dealer is debating going with his products
    www.Schaefferoil.com
    2003 GMC Sierra 2500 HD CC Shorty
    Dyno Proven - 800 rwhp on fuel only.
    Trans to hold it and a big ol S400 turbo feeding it.

Are you sure the salesman was selling oil, and not beer? I always thought Shaeffer was an older(or not available in NE beer company). Heck whats good for the goose is good for the gander right? Just kidding, just make sure it is API certified.....not opening that can of worms into that topic(HINT HINT )
    2002 Dmax, A few 6.5\'s, And a 6.2 <br />Gmanjr96@aol.com

One of our competitors used to sell it for compressors. Their claim to fame was using Molybdenum as an additive. I can think of several instances where the compressors caught fire on the stuff, and I really don't know why. I've never really looked at their specs and don't know if the flash is low or it was just a fluke.
    Herb
    2001 SLT DuraMax/Allison CC 4X4 SB White/Charcoal Valentine One, Bilsteins, Pendaliner, SPA Gauges Weatherguard mats, Kennedy headlight harness. Boston Accoustics speakers.Jordan Ultima. Edge Juice 4.61, Viper 790VX security w/remote start<p>2001 Sierra 3500 Duramax/Allison w/Knapheide service body.

jbplock Guest

You can find more info/opinions on Shaeffers by searching the forum at www.bobistheoilguy.com

Lots of praise at bobtheoilguy web site. Might have to dig into this further, might be some good stuff

Question

KompressorMan, What type and brand of compressors do you work on? Later! Lone Eagle
    02 2500 HD EC SB<br />Juice 4.61<br />Post OEM Racor 660<br />Back Country Bars<br />Roll Lock Cover<br />B & W Turnover

There is a guy that posts quite often on the rv.net forum who really likes Schaeffer products. His name is Kenneth, and seems to really know his stuff. I've read his posts (and emailed him a few times), over the years, and have come to really respect his opinions.
    Scott (sroeglin@comcast.net)<br />2003 White GMC D/A CC

mtomac Guest

Ever fill up at a Meijer? If so then you've used Schaeffers diesel fuel treatment. They add it to all their diesel fuel. Most Meijer stations will have a Schaeffers sign on top of the pump. I get a little better fuel economy with Meijers diesel.

I have an older friend that owns a small trucking company of 20 trucks. Wayne owns "all" of his trucks. Wayne is a good person but does not like to spend money on his trucks. Granted they all look new and are properly serviced, they get no special treatment. I noticed that he had 55 gallon striped drums of oil in the back. I asked him why he would spend money on "expensive" oil. He said that it really doesn't cost much more but "it saves me money.
    2003 GMC SLT CC 4x4 SB-Cooper Tires-Speed Liner-Activator II-Full length ICI SS step bars B&W Goose & more to come
    -- Member #7527
    E-Mail --&gt;Twomuchplay(at)AOL(dot)com

Used it for a long time and felt it was a very good oil, but salesman stopped selling it. Had the best oil sample ever on their 15/40. It was a farm tractor with 500 hrs. on the oil and all the wear metals were in the single digits and oxidation was 14.2.
    \'02 3500 SLT D/A, vanAaken Smart Box E, Kennedy 4\" exhaust, Amzoil filter, Delvac 1, 34\' Carriage LS, Pullrite hitch, 225/70Rx19.5, Trailair Fifthwheel pin box.

I think their products are great! I can vouch for their Supreme 7000 15w-40 syn blend. Is it the best on the market? I don't know but it is very good. My salesman did a dog and pony show and convinced me using a ball bearing and a race on a motor driven shaft. It will sell you too if you ever see this demonstration. I also use their fuel treatments.
    2014 K2500HD Crew Cab LTZ Duramax / Allison 4x4

Dinki, that is exactly the test he did, we compared Delvac, mobil 1 and 7000. We also compared gear lubes and chassis grease, He does have a good product and I think I will give it a shot. I was skeptical at first cause every timkin bearing test I have seen shows the subject oil to be the best. I may try some out next change.

Lone Eagle
    I've been in the air compressor business for 20 years and 11 of that as a Kaeser Distributor. Primarily heavy duty rotary screw compressors. Our small recip line is Champion, owned by Gardner Denver.
    Best Regards
    Herb [img]smile.gif[/img]
    2001 SLT DuraMax/Allison CC 4X4 SB White/Charcoal Valentine One, Bilsteins, Pendaliner, SPA Gauges Weatherguard mats, Kennedy headlight harness. Boston Accoustics speakers.Jordan Ultima. Edge Juice 4.61, Viper 790VX security w/remote start<p>2001 Sierra 3500 Duramax/Allison w/Knapheide service body.

Wink

I have worked on most brands but our big ones were all Ingersol Centacs. The only ones we ever had catch fire were XLEs when someone shut the cooling water off. Later! Lone Eagle
    02 2500 HD EC SB<br />Juice 4.61<br />Post OEM Racor 660<br />Back Country Bars<br />Roll Lock Cover<br />B & W Turnover