Thread: Refridgerent capacity for a 2005 Silverado 2500hd crew cab with a 6.0 LS?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Refridgerent capacity for a 2005 Silverado 2500hd crew cab with a 6.0 LS?

Im hoping this is the right section. I am in need of the refridgerent capacity for this truck. The decal under the hood is not legible. This truck has the center console with the vents for the rear seats. Looked at several forums online and all I've read is without rear a/c it's 1.6 lbs but would when I think of rear a/c I think of a SUV with a separate evaporator and all in the back. This just has vents that tie in with the front ductwork. Anyway any advice or the refridgerent amount would be a great help. Thanks.
    1994 Chevrolet K3500 Dually, 6.5 Mechanical Pump Conversion, NV4500

Here's the specs for my diesel truck. Not sure what your gasser is rated at though.

In case the image doesn't show up: 1.8 pounds

Arrow

"Rear A/C" requires a separate evaporator for the rear. Rear vents in the console is not Rear A/C. Refer to the above chart and advice. R134A systems, especially older systems, usually need some adjustment when only "servicing". Some systems work better with more, others with less. Much depends on how much oil is actually in the system, and the overall condition of the components. Adding oil reduces the capacity for refrigerant, and it isn't uncommon for an older system to be too full of oil if several repairs/services have been performed over the years. It's nearly impossible to get it perfect unless the system is completely disassembled and flushed, then serviced according to spec. This is advised if the recommended service doesn't provide adequate performance.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

Thanks. I wouldn't think the systems would differ from a diesel to a gasser and as far as the history of repairs I would guess not much. It has 140,000 miles and all look to be oem parts under the hood. The high side fitting is leaking pretty bad and needs replaced.
    1994 Chevrolet K3500 Dually, 6.5 Mechanical Pump Conversion, NV4500