Thread: Fat Herbie: 1959 Chevy Apache LBZ Swap

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Fat Herbie: 1959 Chevy Apache LBZ Swap

Project Fat Herbie:

1959 Apache fleetside longbox.

Donor truck is a 2006 LBZ crew cab 4x4 with 113,XXX miles, and LT3 interior that was rolled. still ran and drove nice.

The name Fat Herbie: I initially bought a rolled 59 NAPCO panel truck and was going to put my truck body on it but decided it wasn't going to be the nice daily driver I wanted it to be so I sold it. It had mismatched junk tires on it and one of them was a "Fat Herbie". I had never heard of the tire before and liked the name so I cut it out of the sidewall and kept it.

I plan on driving and keeping this truck till i'm dead and gone so I decided an LBZ was what I was going to get. nearly 2 years later I finally found a rolled low mileage LBZ.

I'm not rich and I do all my own work so this won't be a super fast build most likely but I will post updates as they happen.

Donor Truck when I got it. I wanted to drive it some to see if there was anything wrong with it so I would know after the swap if it was a swap issue or an issue it had due to the roll over so the roof had to go so I could physically drive it. you get a lot of looks driving a convertible crew cab truck around.
    Attached Images Attached Images