Thread: O/D Lockout help needed

Red face

After installing high idle switch as per Kennedy's instructions and making sure it worked properly, I proceeded with ODLO.
    No problem very easy, checked and rechecked pins and connector. When I tested ODLO nothing happened. No light and when I went for a test drive no lockout. Disconnected batteries again pulled TCM and check pins again. Then tested switch and wires for continuity. Everthing seems OK. Went over instructions again. Pin C1-28 and C1-12 for switch and C1-20 for LED W/resistor.
    Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.
    One other question: Is the C1 plug below the C2? Both my plugs were gray. One with a clear cover (C1) and one with a red cover (C2). In Kennedy's instructions C2 plug is red with a red cover.
    2002 2500HD D/A LT CC Juice 4.61<br />TRACRAC, Westin Nerf Bars, Equalizer hitch, pulling a Jayco 314BHS Travel Trailer, Garmin V GPS,

Have you had TCM/PCM upgrades done? I used John's instructions over the week end and everything works great.(thanks John ,great inst.)
    tjc
    2002,White/Tan,LT,2500HD,4x4,D/A,ExCab, Short Bed,VelvetRide,WAAG W/W Step Bds,SPA 211,AMS 2 stage,Bilsteins,OD lockout,Banks Exhaust,B&W hitch,Pulling 33\'Cedar Creek-5r,w/Anderson Ranch Adapter gooseneck, CAT Filter

HESSCLAN,

You need to install your Wires in the GREY Connector.. If look on the side of the TCM Allison Imprints "RED and GREY".. Don't worry about c1 and c2 bla bla....

Also your Switch HAS to be a MOMENTARY switch not an ON/Off.. You can test this by going down the road and just touch 112 and 128 together for a split second.. If the truck jumps back into 4th from 5th then the Programing has already been completed but I doubt it...

You will need to have the TCM updated..

If you need any more help I live just down the Road in Mooresville... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Steve Overcash
    Sovercash1@aol.com
    2004 Chevrolet 4x4 2500HD CC LB, LB7, AFE Intake, KD 5" Exhaust, KD Twin Lift pumps w/Billet Pickup, 6" Lift 35" MT on 20" ION Forged wheels.
    Sold to Dad> 2001 Chevrolet 2500HD 4x4, Crew Cab, LB, LT, LB7-Duramax Diesel/Allison 1000 Series, Autometer Boost/EGT Gauges, AFE Intake, KD 5" Exhaust, Edge w/Attitude, 285/75-16 Brigestone Dueler AT's, B&W Turnover Ball.
    Diesel Page member #330
    E-Mail SOVERCASH1@AOL.COM

tjc or anyone else, Can you confirm that plug C1 is the lower plug on the TCM? I bought my truck in Sept. 2002 and had oil change and diff. serviced at the dealership after 1000 miles so I'm assuming that it's program is up to date. Is there a way of finding out without going back to dealership? Thanks for your reply.
    2002 2500HD D/A LT CC Juice 4.61<br />TRACRAC, Westin Nerf Bars, Equalizer hitch, pulling a Jayco 314BHS Travel Trailer, Garmin V GPS,