Hi All, Andy from the Sunshine Coast ,Australia, here. I am a 59 year old master tradesman electrician, and have played with vehicles (Land Rovers) my whole life. I currently have a 6.2 NA diesel, in front of a 5 speed manual Land Rover Santana box. The vehicle runs well and we use around 13L 100KM fuel (about 22 mpg). We have just bought a new caravan - 22ft and just under 3 ton. We are going to upgrade the motor and I am purchasing a 6.5ltr new engine from Peninsular Diesel. I was going to buy a 4l85e also but this means shifting my transfer case back about 8" with the adaptor available here in Australia. I have the opportunity to purchase a 6 speed Allison off a Duramax, with the adaptor I can purchase here, it means only shifting the transfer case about 4". I need to know if the Allison is the same bellhousing pattern as the Chev 6.5ltr. and will the torque converter bolt straight to the flex plate and the box bolt straight to the engine. I am ordering the engine in the next few days and NEED AN ACCURATE REPLY, I have had a couple of "it should fit" here in Australia, but nobody definite. I do not want to pay two lots of freight, so would appreciate an urgent reply if you know whether this will fit.

Thanks - Andy A (Australia)