Thread: has this happened to you?

I was out riding the dirt bike the other day, and as I was changing to leave I shut the passenger side front door while all doors were unlocked, but then the I heard a thunk and to my suprise all doors were locked! I left the keys as well as my cell phone in the truck because I was about 5 min away from being loaded up anyway. :rolleyes
    I never hit the lock button or any button for that matter. Could this be an anti-theft device?
    I had to call the wife to bring me an extra key, which sucked. Also, the key was not in the ignition at the time.
    2004 Silverado 2500HD D/A
    Crew cab
    4x4
    Long bed
    Red(of course)
    Uniroyal Liberator A/T 285/75/16's
    Bilsteins
    Edge Juice w/Attitude

2003 CRF450-mine
    2004 CRF150-wife
    2003 XR70-daughter
    2001 XR50-son
    Yeah, we like the Hondas

Arrow

That isn't normal. The system isn't designed to work that way.

My power locks have mysteriously locked the doors after I closed them. Turned out the fob was in my pocket and the lock button was pushed by something in my pocket (probably my pocketknife) when I bent over. If your key fob was under some of your stuff, the impact of the door closing could cause something to bump the lock button. Same thing could happen if the fob fell onto something, or if something fell onto the lock switch in the door. If that type of a condition was impossible, you have a problem. Keep your keys on you, until you figure out what caused them to lock you out.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

Claven Guest

there is a built in timer for the crew cabs if you hit the lock button before all the doors are closed you will here a dinging letting you know the timer is activated then 10 seconds after the last door is closed all the doors will lock. could this have happened? it used to happen to me when cleaning the interior, I would bump the lock switch and after I closed the doors they would lock 10 seconds later. now with that being said, I have had my auto lock feature malfunction and lock the doors when I put it in park instead of unlocking them and then as soon as I close the doors they lock (no 10 second timer)even with the truck running. Still havent figured that one out.

markrinker Guest

A driver of mine locked himself out of the 2005 last week. Similar situation, keys partially out of ignition to stop the warning chimes.

He doesn't think he hit a lock button, I think he must have.

At least he was 10 miles from home, not 500... We have discussed buying and stashing another key FOB somewhere under the truck on a zip-tie for future lock-outs.

BobND Guest

My '03 Yukon occasionally locks the doors (and the wife or I out) with no apparent reason. Always has.

I make it a point to grab the keys EVERY tine I get out, just in case!

JD Diesel Guest

HAPPENED TO ME ON VACATION HAD TO CALL ON STAR. MONTHS LATER FIGUERED IT OUT JUST LITLY TOUCHED THE LOCK BOTTON ON THE DOOR AND THATS ALL IT TAKES TAKES. JD

I don't think I hit the lock button and I know I didn't hear the chime. The transmitter was on top of the middle console where there is no way the button on it was touched. I usually stash an extra key outside of my truck, but just got this truck a few months ago and haven't done it yet. You can bet your a$$ I will now!
    Crew cab
    4x4
    Long bed
    Red(of course)
    Bilsteins
    Edge Juice w/Attitude

2003 CRF450-mine
    2004 CRF150-wife
    2003 XR70-daughter
    2001 XR50-son
    Yeah, we like the Hondas

Kennedy Guest

Yes I have had this happen also. Coming in thru the passengers side does something funky. I forget which truck it was. How did you unlock the door to enter in the first place?

rob@rone.ca Guest

I wonder if this could be some kind of fault in the mechanism that locks the doors when you drive away.

I have mine set to lock "At Speed" and have not had this happen yet - extra key coming up.

For those of you that don't lock your cellphone in the truck with your keys, remember that someone at home can press the spare remote next to the phone there and the signal coming out from your cellphone at your locked truck can open it again.

Hey, You should quit smoking those funny cigarets..
    2002 2500HD D/A LT SB CREW CAB CHARCOAL GREY/GRAPHITE,<br />LOADED EXCEPT AUTO CLIMATE CONTROL. J&J RUNNING BOARDS<br />PARAGON BED COVER, FUMOTO VALVE, CAB LIGHTS, TAILGATE LOCK, STEREO UPGRADES, DAKOTA DIGITAL GUAGES INSTALLED OVERHEAD.<br />69 BRONCO<br />76 BRONCO<br />77 BRONCO<br />BLOWN 98 GRAND PRIX

Red face

Kennedy----To answer your question, the truck was unlocked for some time(an hour or so?) before I entered on the passenger side and I used the transmitter to unlock it.

PDoane-----I think you are right about the 2nd transmitter and using a cell phone to unlock the truck. I have heard of people doing that. Too bad my other transmitter won't work. I wonder if that is covered under warranty.

Sorry about the delay in my response, I was out riding again, but I didn't let it lock me out this time.
    Crew cab
    4x4
    Long bed
    Red(of course)
    Bilsteins
    Edge Juice w/Attitude

2003 CRF450-mine
    2004 CRF150-wife
    2003 XR70-daughter
    2001 XR50-son
    Yeah, we like the Hondas

Cell phone unlock = urban myth

http://www.snopes.com/autos/techno/keyless.asp

had this happen to me 2002 dmax/ally more than one time for a about a week except mine kept unlocking. I believe some rain must have contaminated driverside switch when I had my window down even though I dryed it off. Lasted several days and has not done it since.

markrinker Guest

A similar problem is plaging MANY fair haired maidens...good thing some have a BLONDESTAR equipped vehicle!!

http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2681355?htv=12