Thread: DEF problem on 2011 3600 chevy

Question DEF problem on 2011 3600 chevy

Only 33,000 miles entire Def system had to be replace. Any comments

specifics?

AKMark is offline Building another 6.2L powered vehicle

I know a few guys up here that have had Dodge trucks go into limp mode almost 700 miles north of Fairbanks (closest dealer) and go no faster than 5 mph thanks to DEF freezing.

At this point, I'd rather put a ton of money into the 05 than worry about DEF.

I haven't heard of issues with the Chevy or Ford DEF systems.
    05 2500HD CC LB LLY, 4x4, 3.73s 235/85R16's, webasto cab heater, to keep it warm.
    03 Buick Rendezvous - When you average over 80 miles per day driving around, you need one of these.
    85 K-5, 6.2, SM465, Rockwell T221, 1 tons, 36's. More goodies to be installed as time and money allows.
    82 K20, 6.2, SM465, NP208, stock except for bed rack, snow plow, and glow plugs are on a toggle switch. It works great for plowing!
    72 Postal Jeep - Yet another project

Quote Originally Posted by jimmieb View Post
    Only 33,000 miles entire Def system had to be replace. Any comments
    Hi jimmieb,

I’m extremely sorry to hear that you had to replace the DEF system in your truck at only 33,000 miles. I see that you’re seeking feedback from the forum, however, please let us know if there is anything that we can do to assist. You’re always welcome to send us a private message with any questions. If you do decide to reach out to us, please be sure to include your VIN, contact information and name of your preferred dealer.

Kind regards,

Shane M.
    GM Customer Care
    For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html.