Thread: Coolant Leaking From Rear Of Engine

Default Coolant Leaking From Rear Of Engine

I have an '02 silverado duramax 6.6 turbo diesel. A coolant leak started as a slow drip a couple of months ago, I have added dexcool 2 when needed. The truck has never gotten above 200 degrees or run completely out. Myself and the guys at work have crawled all over it and not been able to locate the source. Now when I add coolant it imediately begins to run out of the rear of the engine, we pulled the turbo cover off and it seems to be coming from between the intake and head. When reving it up as soon as you hear the turbo whine, coolant starts running as a small stream, no longer a drip. Is this a common problem? Someone suggested rear motor plate? I would appreciate any help I might recieve. Thank You

You might have a leaky coolant supply/ return hose for the turbocharger. There is one that runs from the shiny brass fitting on the water pipe and there is one that is kid of to the right of the valley of the engine that runs from the turbocharger to the thermostat housing area. Both hoses are only 6 inches in length or so.
    1998 Chevy k-2500 454 147,000 miles and climbing!

1993 Pontiac G/A Big Block 3.3 Liter 140,000 miles and still going too!

That would be my guess, everything seems to collect in the valley of these motors, and runs out the back. will drive you nuts looking for a leak at the back of the motor thats not there!