Thread: Idles rough once sometimes

Default Idles rough sometimes

I have a problem once in a while with my 1993 6.2 L. After driving the truck and letting it sit for a while (30 min to 1 hr) it starts fine but the odd time it will idle rough (ussually idles at a higher RPM and rough) for 20 to 30 seconds after it starts. It kind of feels like when a gas motor is getting to much fuel and is flooding. Is this a glow plug cycling when it shouldn't be ? Any ideas ? Thanks ?
    Last edited by akeller; 03-05-2006 at 20:42.

Yep, as Jim said, change fuel filter. I had this happen 4 weeks ago but my Sub actually stalled twice after I fueled up on a low tank. It surged a couple times then felt like it was loosing power. I change fuel filters and it's been fine since. As a rule of thumb I change filters once a year and it had been just over a year since the last change. And always keep a spare filter in your emergency kit.

Welcome to the forum. You won't regret joining as you'll get an incredible amount of great time-saving, money-saving knowledge from a wealth of resources. You might even get replies from Mr. Diesel Page himself. Right, Jim?
    Last edited by Subzilla; 03-15-2006 at 13:01.
    Mark Chapman DP member #653;
    1983 K2500 6.2 Suburban, 4" lift, 35" tires, ATS turbo, Banks exhaust/intake, pyrometer, tachometer;
    1986 K5 6.2 Blazer, 2" lift, 33" tires, Banks intake, pyrometer, tachometer
    1963 wife, one owner, average mileage for the age but in excellent shape, a keeper
    1992 daughter, low mileage, pretty, limited edition, but requires some money to maintain
    1995 son, sports model, very fast & peppy, time will tell on durability and maintenance costs

"Grease is good"