Thread: Oil filter

Default Oil filter

I've always used PF2232 filters. The other part # on the box is 88917036. My new filters say part # 12677108. Are they the same filter, just a number change? Can they handle the cold oil pressure the D-Max has on start-up? Thanks in advance.

Arrow

Good question, although I've not heard of any of them rupturing or (unusually) failing. The original (2000-2002) Champion Labs filters were notably robust, as has been discussed here. They were relabeled AC Delco, but were, or appeared to be, mfg'd by Champion Labs. I don't know if they've changed, and if so, when. I've only used the original CL, AC Delco (early), Wix (and NAPA Gold), Amsoil/Hastings and Mobil 1. All of them seemed to be of equal quality. I know of others who've used the "el cheapo" brands (of questionable performance, IMO), but haven't heard of a significant failure of them, either. Also note, the cold start oil pressure of later Duramax engines is significantly less than that of the originals. They dropped the pressure around 2004, IIRC.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

Thanks Dmax.