Thread: VIN Check Please & Glow Plug Recall

Default VIN Check Please & Glow Plug Recall

Can somebody please complete a VIN check on my 2006 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD? The VIN is 1GCHK23D86F204574. Also, I am having issues with the glow plugs. Does anyone know the status the glow plug recall? I heard it was 10 years or 200,000 miles. I currently have 77K on the truck. Thanks in advance!

Default Glow plug recall

I also have an 06 LBZ Silverado and I don't know of a glow plug recall. There is a recall to reprogram the glow plug controller. That recall was the only time my 06 has ever been to the dealer since it was new. You can take your truck to most auto parts stores and check the codes to find out which glow plugs are bad. Kennedy Diesel sells a good replacement glow plug much cheaper than the GM dealer. Changing a glow plug is a lot like changing a spark plug. You only need basic tools and skills.
    Good luck
    John
    *2006 Chevy, 3500, 4X4, DRW, (LBZ) D/A, CC, LT, 252K Miles, 19.5" Wheels, Mag Hytec Transmission Pan and Differential Cover, SS Grill Guard, Racor 2 micron aux fuel filter, 100 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank, using Edge Evolution, Predator Diablosport, Kennedy ECM tune, Fitch Fuel Catalyst.

*2006 Four Winds, Dutchman, 36', RV, D/A, 5500 Kodiak.
    *1993 Harley Davidson, Turbo charged, Springer Softail.
    *2007 Pontiac Solstice.
    *2005 Jeep, Liberty, CRD (diesel).
    *Full-timing in USA, see America first.

BUY AMERICAN or CANADIAN, NOTHING from CHINA .