Thread: Water Sensor at NAPA

Default Water Sensor at NAPA

I must be the last one to learn that NAPA now sells the Water Sensor/Separator for the Duramax LBZ fuel filters. NAPA pn 2-95001 appears to be made more substantial than the OEM and cheaper too.

The WIF sensor on my truck is now just a plug for the bottom of the filter. The wires broke on it many years ago and I've never had an issue with water in the fuel anyway.
    Seems like there's a member/vendor here who sells a replacement plug made of nice aluminum billet, but I've no need for it until my plug starts to leak. The proper wrench (also cheaply available at NAPA) makes it easy to properly remove that soft plastic part without wrecking it.

We do plus both with and w/o drains. We do offer the OE sensors as well. Never been a fan of aftermarket replacement sensors etc. Especially Napa/Echlin stuff.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

I agree with kennedy.
    ORDERED 1-15-03 ARRIVED 2-10-03= 03/2500HD/D/A/EXT.CAB LT/ LONG BOX/4X4/CARBON METALLIC/ONSTAR/ TTT CAMPER MIRRORS/WESTIN BOARDS WITH LITES/HUSKY FLOOR LINERS/PRO FIT FLAPS/ACCESS TONNO/LINEX BED RAILS/ FUMOTO OIL DRAIN VALVE,
    BEDRUG/BILSTEIN SHOCKS/ ISSPRO EGT GAUGE/RED LINE LUBE, BANKS EXHAUST BRAKE. GALAXY 929 CB/ WILSON 1000.KENNEDY LIFT PUMP.

Arrow

Buying OE or known quality replacement fuel filters usually make the most sense when you're not sure about quality, even if the original equipment filters and related components are somewhat more expensive. I've learned that most auto parts stores carry a growing percentage of questionable import products (like filters).

I needed to change the fuel filter in my 2001 during the cold temperatures we experienced last week where temps dropped to a little below zero overnight. I was seeing mostly P0093 and then a P0089 trouble codes, which are both related to fuel rail pressure problems, These codes resulted in a limp mode operation. The computer was calling for xxx pressure, and the was seeing something in excess of 20Mpa below what it wanted. A new fuel filter appears to have solved the problem.

If there's ever a good time for a routine fuel filter service, it's in the fall just before you expect cold weather to grip your region of the country. I should have changed the fuel filter last October or November, but...