Thread: engine limp mode

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

my 2004 chevy duramax lly & allison has a fault when it gets to normal temp usually on a hill it goes into limp this mode 2000 rpm only, by shutting the engine down it will reset but only for a short time i have xcellerator programer its saying no codes i have imported this truck myself into australia and have no dealer backup we need some real HELP,problem started at 5000 km now reading 10000 km

madmatt Guest

try reseting your engine control module back to it's stock program and remove the battery cables for a few minutes. then put some miles on it and post the results. I ran into this after installing a Edge juice box. leaving the box on, i removed the battery cables for a while clearing the codes and the truck has ran fine since.

take the power units off and see if it happens stock.
    2003 GMC Sierra 2500 HD CC Shorty
    Dyno Proven - 800 rwhp on fuel only.
    Trans to hold it and a big ol S400 turbo feeding it.

truck is in stock program and i have removed the battery cables severl times with no changes

madmatt Guest

my buddy reprogrammed or put a box in one, one time and fried the ecm. I'll email him and see what he did wrong that caused it. he told me what he did but I can't remember.

reading though mph,s lly turbo issues posted 01-03-2005 & madd max,s it sounds very similar to my problem can anybody tell where the turbo vane postioning sensor is & whats the procedure for removing & replacing it cheers brad carlin

Check with your manufacturer and make sure you are capable of reading all codes specific to your year Dmax. Also if you have a fuel filter check gauge make sure your not pulling to much vacuum. Kennedy Diesel sells them. Sounds like a low fuel pressure problem. Have you tried changing the fuel filter?
    Rick Lance
    Over 1 million miles on my seven Duramax's

madmatt Guest

did you read all instructions w/ using this programmer? I ask because my buddy didn't when using a Bully Dog and didn't pull the fuses it instructs you to, he fried the ecm and it stuck in limp mode.