Thread: '95 Tahoe - Adding the factory keyless entry?

Default '95 Tahoe - Adding the factory keyless entry?

I'm exploring adding the factory keyless entry onto my Tahoe, I know I can snag the key fobs on ebay and a few online joints have them, but does anyone know what I have to do for the keyless entry module (reciever, or whatever it is called). Also is there a completely different interior wiring harness for the keyless entry equipped vehicles?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    Eric
    '95 Tahoe 6.5TD

Current:
    3" Turbo back - 14 bolt SF - Vin F intake manifold - typical guage pod setup - Turbomaster - Free blowby mod courtesy of GM's 22:1 + boost

Coming:
    Cummins IC - new turbo elbow w/ 3.5" DP - 4" Intake - new block w/ 18:1 slugs

On the DLC (under the driver side dash) take and ground the G pin, to see if the door locks lock and unlock. I did this on mine and it had the keyless, then got a remote off of flea-bay, to program the remote ground G pin and the use the remote to lock/unlock, remove ground off of G pin and it should work. Maybe after market might save some $$$
    95 Tahoe 6.5t 1500 4wd 2 door 4l80e 3:42, 99 f-350 cc 2wd 7.3 powerstroke 6spd,03 keystone 318bhs 35ft 5ther

I wonder if that would work on mine? ( See below.)
    94 Chev Blazer, 6.5TD, 3.42, 4WD,Gear drive,,Remote FSD behind drivers headlight,,Mobil 1 in difs and trans,Rotella 30W, Over a quarter of a million miles !! Member -1.94 club.

Smile

i picked up a keyless entry system on e-bay for under $30 took hour to install came with 2 key fobes works great. the remote does look gm however it opens the doors.
    2003 CHEVY 4500 DURAMAX/ALLISON 14'
    SERVICE CRANE BODY 16,500 LBS 14.5 MPG
    1998 K3500 SRW CREW CAB TRANSPLANTED 6.5TD ELECTROINC INTO, HEATH COMPUTER, 40+HP INJECTORS, 4" EXHAUST, VACUUM ELEMTINATOR ON TURBO,UPGRADED COOLING WITH ALL GM PARTS,NO VACUUM PUMP, SST OIL COOLER LINES MADE LOCALY FRACTION OF THE COST, 3" TOURBO/BOOST GAUSGE ALL IN ONE, ADDED GEAR DRIVE GREAT HELP WITH STARTING TIME DOESN'T JUMP AROUND ANY MORE, INTERCOOLER 3" INLET AND OUTLET COOLER 12x24x4, ALSO ADDED MANDEL BENT CROSS OVER, HAD TRUCK REPAINTED AND OPUT ON ALUM FLAT BED