Thread: Issues with braking

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Issues with braking

This is to discuss some issues with my truck. It is a 2007 model Ford power stroke. I bought it before 6 months. Now when I apply brakes, a strange sound is coming from the front wheels. Also, I feel like the vehicle is going out of control while braking. I don't know what the actual problem is. 2 months ago I have done a wheel alignment check up. So I don't think this is something related to alignment. What are the other possibilities?
    Last edited by More Power; 07-21-2018 at 09:25.

Have you pulled the wheels and taken a look at the brakes? Anything loose? Signs of uneven wear?
    '94 GMC 6.5TD K1500 4L80E 2-Door Yukon SLE 221K
    '93 Chevrolet 6.5TD K2500HD NV4500 Std. Cab Longbed 187K
    '85 Toyota 22R RN60 4x4 Std. Cab Shortbed 178K (Currently retired for rebuild)
    Diesel Page Member #2423

Arrow

I agree with the above. Get the truck on a lift to carefully examine the front end of the truck. Might be due to damage or.....

Also, you could take the truck to BD Diesel in Abbotsford BC. They are great folks to work with, and have a knowledgeable staff who know these diesel trucks inside and out. Visit: https://dieselperformance.com/ to learn more. I've known the owners since 1997, and they have always treated me very well.