Thread: 93 cooling system upgrade

Default 93 cooling system upgrade

i was looking to upgrade my cooling system. i was on ssdieselsupply.com. they sell a kit it has a 130gph pump , t stat, and cooling fan. however the dual thermostat article on this site warns against using a 130gph pump on single tstat systems, saying it would cause excessive pressure w/o the dual crossover. so i guess ss supply's would be a bad move? what would be a good one?

Kennedy Diesel offers this setup for the mechanically injected 6.5 engines.
    '94 GMC 6.5TD K1500 4L80E 2-Door Yukon SLE 221K
    '93 Chevrolet 6.5TD K2500HD NV4500 Std. Cab Longbed 187K
    '85 Toyota 22R RN60 4x4 Std. Cab Shortbed 178K (Currently retired for rebuild)
    Diesel Page Member #2423

A single by-pass blocking t-stat can flow a max of 90-gpm. Do the math....

Jim

Default Cooling system upgrades

Do the Kennedy cooling upgrades, You'll NEVER regret it. 1. When I got the $$ I started with the 3.5 inch exhaust. 2. When I got the $$ I got the bigger water pump and dual thermo tower (& the timing, crankshaft gear drive - Cause I NEVER wanted to get in there again). 3. When I got the $$ I got the PMD extension cable a cooling finned mount. 4. When I got the $$ I got the 9 blade fan and Kennedy's aftermarket fan blade clutch to finish it all off.
    I'm just a poor rancher that hauls a 24 ft. aluminum gooseneck cattle trailer full of cows, hay, furniture (cleaned out), four wheelers, even took a Honda DL car to the shop, for a girl friend once.
    I've had the 1994 C2500 2WD for it ten years and it's got 296,000 mi. on it. I got it with 75,000 mi. on it and it needed the PMD then. Back then the dealer put it on the manifold (original) and guess what, it failed again later.
    Only one thing worse than fixing stuff once, and that's, fixing it twice.
    Ed Callan
    Newark, OH
    Texas Longhorn Cattle From the Heart of Ohio's Grasslands.

Kennedy gets my vote for upgrades... but do your self a favor and check the condition of the rad. Make sure it's still capable of doing it's job.
    93 2500 - best truck I ever owned
    Sold

98 GMC Sierra 1/2 ton 4X4 EC SB Dark Blue
    3"turbo down to 4" back.
    Remote PMD
    Was S then F code now SSD ECM (used - it was cheap - not my first choice)

Kennedy cooling upgrades here, too.

Wouldn't tow without them.
    '93 GMC K2500 5 speed 6.5 Extended Cab w'97 cooling mods and upgraded fan/clutch. Also: Kennedy 3" low restriction exhaust, lift pump, LP control harness & Mega filter.