Earlier this week, I purchased a Duramileage EZTuner. I followed the instructions in the manual and it downloaded my stock program from my ECM. I then tried to upload a tuner program and it loaded. However, when I started the truck it was in limp mode and the "battery not charging" message was on my dash. I then tried to load one of the other programs and it loaded, but the engine still started in limp mode with the battery not charging message displayed. I called the tech support and they walked me trought trying to reload my stock program, but the tuner kept giving some type of comm error. After trying to upload the stock program, the truck would not even start. The tech support said that the ECM was locked up. They overnighted me an ECM with a stock program, which I installed and the truck started right up. The Tech support then walked me through uploading one the the tuner programs and the tuner kept giving comm errors. They told me to send back my old ECM in exchange for the one the sent me and send back the tuner, which they would refund my payment. They said I had a wiring harness problem which they had run into 3 or 4 times before with 2004 LB7 engines.
How can I check to verify that their excuse is valid without locking up another ECM?? Did they just have a glitch or is there really something wrong with my wiring?