Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4-53 Detroit

The 453's used to power rail road refer units. Know of any rail road wrecking yards? Used to be one in Bakers Akers, Ca. (Bakersfield)

Look out Google, her he comes................
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government."
    -Patrick Henry

A5150nut
    2006 K3500 D/A
    94 6.5 4x4 5spd Sold

don't know of any railroad wrecking yards around here....but i have an uncle who works for CN rail out of Edmonton. I might just have to pick on him about this topic now
    2011 VW Jetta TDI, pretty well loaded without leather.
    2006 GMC Sierra D-max, 4x4, 4 door, bumper, winch, Espar heater, and the HID lights are a nice touch too.....
    1986 GMC 3500, 454 on propane, 4 speed, 4x4, crew cab dually......the welding truck
    1984 Toyota 4x4 pickup, 4.3 V6, 700R4, Toyota t-case.......transforming into 4x4 cage buggy

i know this is an old thread, but i thought id help you guys out. first, you can find diesel engines (just about anything ever made) on www.dieselenginetrader.com

also, on a youtube video i watched a few weeks ago,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0knt...eature=related

If you read the comments the user states that the 4-53 DD was mated to a 4 speed Allison AT540.
    hope i could help.