Thread: New member with a few questions

Default New member with a few questions

Hello all, if this is in the wrong spot i apologize. I have been looking at the lb7 trucks lately and have a few concerns. Mostly injector worries, the transmissions seem to be very tough. I have found a ecsb with 181,000 miles for roughly 11,500 out the door. But the previous owner doesnt know if the previous 2 owners ever had any injector problems. Is there a way someone can do a vin check for me, as piece of mind. 1GCHK29183E154399

The question I ask is can you afford $4-5k to replace them when they go? If you are a DIY you can cut that figure back substantially.

I see a lot of guys buying used semi-late model diesels (regardless of mfr) as it's the "in thing" only to end up in way over their heads when they need a major repair like injectors or head gaskets.

Then again I've also seen gas vehicles where the owner spent money equal to or greater than the purchase price on repairs.

A VIN check will only get you what has been recorded at GM dealerships FYI.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

Welcome to the The Diesel Page!

Your GM dealer has access to the warranty repair history of this truck using the GM Vehicle Inquiry System. This won't catch an injector service that that was performed out of warranty at a non-GM shop, but it's worth it.

Just talk to the service manager, and mention this to him. Offer to pay for the short time it'll take to access the GM system. It's worth it.