Thread: Toyota making a HD...

Lightbulb

If Toyota made a HD Diesel truck what would we talk about in here. We would all be happpy, at least I would. There would be no problems. We could change this forum's name to Euphoria Forum!!! I bet if they did, it would still have those tiny axles under it!!
    Todd Eldridge<br />2002 2500HD Crew 4x4 zf 6sp<br />Stanadyne FM-100 additional fuel filter<br />Flo-Pro Muffler<br />Summit White <br />Fender flares painted to match<br />GMC side molding<br />SS Nerf Bars<br />e-mail todd.eldridge@cnet.navy.mil

NH2112 Guest

Screw the HD, I'd like to see a small (2.0-2.5L) 4-cyl diesel in Tacomas. Make it a twin turbo, with each turbo being smaller for response. Put a twin turbo 3.0-3.5L I5 or I6 in the Tundra, and give the American consumer a diesel that's optimized for economy and fuel mileage, not mountains of HP and torque that 90% of us don't need anyway. There's nothing wrong with not being able to accelerate like a muscle car when pulling your 5er uphill!

Maybe some headway could be made in getting VW to introduce one of those new Tuaregs with a Diesel that has less than 10 cylinders!! VW would be in pig heaven with a smaller Diesel V6 powered vehicle in this country.