Thread: 6.6 wil not start

Angry 6.6 wil not start

i have a 05 chev 3500 that i turned off with the key , 20 min later i tried to restart the engine no,go . checked codes ,none. checked filter ok. i did find that when i was bleeding air with the bleed screw on top of filter there was no fuel pumping out of the screw when i was cranking the engine what do you think

Arrow

Welcome to the Forums!

There will be no fuel coming out of the bleed when you crank. The system is suction from the tank to the engine mounted HP fuel pump. By opening the bleeder and cranking, you've allowed a bunch of air to enter the system. To bleed, open the bleeder screw and pump the primer on top of the filter housing until you see fuel at the bleeder. Close the bleeder and pump it up until it gets very firm. Depending on how much air is in the system, it could be a lot (50-100 pumps). After it pumps up firm, the engine should start.

Give that a try and report back. My guess is you have air in the system and have not bled it correctly. If the "no start" happens again, you probably have an air leak somewhere in the fuel system. Most likely place is the filter.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

Default run out of fuel

your fuel guage might not be working

Thumbs up Prime

I have primed a couple of these trucks through work (towtruck) and sometimes they can be a real bear to start. Several attempts were needed for one because he had run it completely dry and unless all the air is out of the system it will start then stall again as the air gets into the filter top. Just keep at it untill it runs.
    Original D.P. Member #750, 2009 Ext Cab LB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Black, Linex, 1993 6.5 TD 4x4 reg cab LB, 5 speed, 1972 Pontiac Lemans, 94 cady De Ville