Thread: ebay auction for 22.5" wheels for 3500's.- adapter kit and alcoa wheels w/tires

found this on the TDR and thought i would pass it along.. there are pictures there.

[http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...em=1848056639]
    nick leinonen<br /><br />current ride - 2003 ram 1500 quad shortie 4.7 hand shaker - <a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/nickleinonen\" target=\"_blank\">pictures</a>

I think you guys should pitch in and get them for me for CHRISTMAS !!!!!! There is time no lines no traffic no hassle.....

MAC

Talking

WHAT????!!!!

THAT'S what you want for Christmas??

Jeez, hope I can get a refund on this straightjacket....

[img]tongue.gif[/img]

The way I got it figured there is 9 to 10,000 thousand members here,whats .50 cents a piece... Chump change for a "CHUMP".....Toss in .75 cents and I can get the lift kit for my Birthday.......

LOL

MAC

the main forum page says that there is 7580 registered members. say all of them send you $1, that will give you $7580. now cause i posted that link, i will accept a 45% finders fee. that will leave you with enough to buy the stuff, and will make me [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
    nick leinonen<br /><br />current ride - 2003 ram 1500 quad shortie 4.7 hand shaker - <a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/nickleinonen\" target=\"_blank\">pictures</a>

NickLeinonen ,

You got it !!!!!!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    All most sounds like a pyramid scam.. HUH?????
    But it's not it's in the spirit of giving .......LOL

I'll be re-gifting my straight jacket....Got some inlaw family members that could use...... Thanks Steve don't return.....

MAC [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 08-03-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

Cool

YEE HAW !!! That is REDNECK DEELUXE !!!

Looks cool but practical? I wonder how many turns in the torsion bars were made to clear them? Looks nice straight but can you turn the wheel? Probably can't put too much weight in the bed before the fenders become tire scrapers.
    This is what it looks like when a truck driver comes off the road but still wants to drive a "Big Rig".

Did mdrag see this? Maybe his tires and wheels will be on E-Bay next.

John
    VOLUNTEER FIRECHIEF "Without COURAGE, all other virtues lose their meaning" Truck Info
    indigodually@hotmail.com
    Member # 7674
    Pulling many trailers including an '03 34' Montana 5'er adapted to G/N
    Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It...Then Sent It Back!

I don't know the GMC doesn't look bad ..... I see your point on the FERD but that truck has a custom 9" lift and is for sale on EBAY....If not sold it's gonna be in a movie, so they say..... Practical,no,attention grabber,yup.....retired big rig driver,Hillarious,Mav and Mdrag wheels on E-bay,they only went for the 19",doubt it......

MAC [img]smile.gif[/img]

mdrag Guest

Thumbs down

There's a limit to what looks good and is still functional....

Maverick and I knew of the 22.5"/24.5" options when doing the 19.5" conversion. The 19.5" wheels are only available in the Classic round hole style, while the 22.5"/24.5" can be had in different styles...I'd bet a lift kit should be considered wihen going bigger than 19'5"...

I wanted to minimize the ride height increase so I did not have to mess with hitch height issues, and make sure the truck fit in my home garage - it just makes it...

These were my major considerations for going with 225's vs 245's - along with keeping the duals under the fender as much as possible...

I did NOT crank up the torsion bars, but I did have to trim the front DS Husky mudlap to maintain clearance. The mudflap trimming was necessary because the DS flap was about 1/2" closer to the tire vs the PS - the difference is due to the way the DTA boards mount, they are a tad more forward on the DS

Most of the time I don't notice a difference in the ride quality for the 19.5" vs 16". Sometimes the ride is better, other times rougher. Rear Bilsteins went on the other evening and they are a big improvement - fronts on B/O...