Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LML Exhaust Regeneration

Quote Originally Posted by Dinkie Diesel View Post
    With about 450 miles on the odometer this was snapped after an hour at 70mph with cruise on. This is what makes me question a good many folks who claim they get 20+mpg. I don't think my new baby would get that going down hill with a tail wind.
    The key is bolded above. Now I have had tanks run in the 19's at 70mph. but if there is any wind load it gets really tough and it will not do this with stock programming.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

Default Regen

Quote Originally Posted by Kennedy View Post
    It only tells you if it's PO'd. It nags you to drive if you let it get loaded by excessive idling etc. Essentially if it gets too much soot load it nags you to drive in order to do a proper regen.

You can often smell at the rear of the truck when it's in regen also.
    Hi; I'm new to this site, and I just bought a double wheeler chevy. Could You please explain to me what are You talking about, when You say regen, and how to do it, or the engine will do it automatically?
    Thanks; DieselTom

Oh where to begin?

Probably the best thing I can do is refer you to the owners manual.
    Simply put, there is a filter in the exhaust that catches particulate. When the ECM senses that the filter is in need of a cleaning it enters regeneration mode and burns the crap out while you drive.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.

Default Exhaust Regen

My truck went into it's first regen at 450 miles while I was sitting waiting to enter car wash.
    Started to panic when I saw the elevated idle and the tone of the engine changed .But then I realized that it was in regen mode.The first 450 miles were around town unloaded.
    Brian Dupont
    2002 Chevrolet 2500 ext Short Box Duramax
    429000 miles and counting all stock accept for airbox mods
    2015 2500 Silverado Duramax LTZ Z71 Crew cab Standard box

Default Exhaust Regen

Looking at purchasing a 2011 2500HD but have concerns about being stuck in the 'great outdoors' in limp mode.
    How hard is it to troubleshoot these systems?
    Do codes indicate which sensor needs replacing?
    Do the factory manuals provide enough info?
    Cheers
    Jon

Default LML regeneration

one who moves, can change something

If you have a Duramax LML engine that is or has in the past not performed properly, posted a DTC 2459 code (frequent regeneration), still battling with your dealer on DPF issues, mass air flow sensor, EGT temps, differential pressure sensors, poor gas mileage, excessive burns, frequent regenerations, regenerations less than what is specified in the maintenance manual (1 burn per fill up), frequent returns to your dealer because of engine performance, please post your mechanical issues here.

There is a < 200 mile club out there.
    Warranty question - it has been back multiple times without resolution. Has yours?

My truck regens between 46-80 miles.
    What happened to the GM manual that states 1 time every tank? I am at 3-5 burns per fill up and not pulling the 5th wheel. EGT have been up to 1450 while pulling. Waiting for GM to step up?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00hdAKkBGLo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvhRZyHNAEc

Default How hard is it?

Quote Originally Posted by langja View Post
    Looking at purchasing a 2011 2500HD but have concerns about being stuck in the 'great outdoors' in limp mode.
    How hard is it to troubleshoot these systems?
    Do codes indicate which sensor needs replacing?
    Do the factory manuals provide enough info?
    Cheers
    Jon
    Here you go, you asked!
    DTC P2459
    Diagnostic Instructions
    •Perform the Diagnostic System Check - Vehicle (See: Testing and Inspection\Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview\Diagnostic System Check - Vehicle) prior to using this diagnostic procedure.
    •Review Strategy Based Diagnosis (See: Testing and Inspection\Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview\Strategy Based Diagnosis) for an overview of the diagnostic approach.
    •Diagnostic Procedure Instructions (See: Testing and Inspection\Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview\Diagnostic Procedure Instructions) provides an overview of each diagnostic category.

DTC Descriptor
    DTC P2459

•Diesel Particulate Filter Regeneration Too Often
    Circuit/System Description
    The particulates in the exhaust gases are collected by the diesel particulate filter (DPF). When the filter becomes saturated with particulates, the particulates are incinerated by a regeneration process. The regeneration process increases the exhaust gas temperature, warming the diesel oxidation catalyst (DOC) first, then warming the DPF. The engine control module (ECM) monitors the system with inputs from two exhaust gas temperature (EGT) sensors 1 and 2 and an exhaust pressure differential sensor.
    The ECM will command an active regeneration base on a calculated soot model. The soot model calculations are based on the following information:

•Distance since last DPF regeneration
    •Fuel used since last DPF regeneration
    •Engine run time since last DPF regeneration
    •Exhaust pressure differential sensor values

Conditions for Running the DTC

•DTC P0101, P0401, P0402, P2002, P2229, P2453, P2454, or P2455, are not set.
    •The engine is running.
    •The Intake Air Temperature is warmer than -7°C (19°F)
    •The BARO pressure is greater than 75 kPa (11 psi).
    •One active regeneration event has completed.
    •DTC P2459 runs continuously when the above condition are met.

Conditions for Setting the DTC

The ECM detects that the actual soot level between completed regenerations is greater than predetermined threshold.

Action Taken When the DTC Sets

DTC P2459 is a Type B DTC.

Conditions for Clearing the MIL/DTC

DTC P2459 is a Type B DTC.

Diagnostic Aids

•A skewed or shifted exhaust pressure differential sensor will cause inaccuracies in the soot model and may cause this DTC to set.
    •Exhaust leaks in the exhaust system may cause inaccurate gas temperature sensor or exhaust differential pressure values causing this DTC to set.
    •Improperly installed or loose exhaust gas temperature (EGT) sensors will cause inaccuracies in the soot model and cause this DTC to set.
    •Low engine compression may cause this DTC to set.
    •Water in the fuel system will lower the energy of the fuel which lowers the regeneration temperatures and may cause this DTC to set.

Reference Information
    Schematic Reference

Engine Controls Schematics (See: Diagrams\Electrical\Powertrain Management\System Diagram)
    Connector End View Reference

Component Connector End Views (See: Diagrams\Connector Views\Connector End Views By Name)
    Description and Operation Reference

Exhaust Aftertreatment System Description (See: Powertrain Management\Emission Control Systems)
    Electrical Information Reference

•Circuit Testing (See: Testing and Inspection\Component Tests and General Diagnostics\General Electrical Diagnostic Procedures\Circuit Testing\Circuit Testing)
    •Connector Repairs (See: Testing and Inspection\Component Tests and General Diagnostics\General Electrical Diagnostic Procedures\Connector Repairs\Connector Repairs)
    •Testing for Intermittent Conditions and Poor Connections (See: Testing and Inspection\Component Tests and General Diagnostics\General Electrical Diagnostic Procedures\Circuit Testing\Testing for Intermittent Conditions and Poor Connections)
    •Wiring Repairs (See: Testing and Inspection\Component Tests and General Diagnostics\General Electrical Diagnostic Procedures\Wiring Repairs\Wiring Repairs)

DTC Type Reference

Powertrain Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) Type Definitions (See: Diagnostic Trouble Code Descriptions\Powertrain Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) Type Definitions)
    Scan Tool Reference

Control Module References (See: Testing and Inspection\Programming and Relearning\Control Module References) for scan tool information
    Special Tools

•J-23738-A Mityvac
    •J-35555 Metal Mityvac

Circuit/System Verification

1.Verify that DTCs P003A, P0047, P0048, P0088, P0101, P0201-P0208, P0234, P0263, P0266, P0269, P0272, P0275, P0278, P0281, P0284, P0299, P02E0, P02E2, P02E3, P02E7-P02E9, P02EB, P0300-P0308, P0401, P0402, P046C, P2032, P2033, P2453, 2454, or P2455 are not set.

¤ If a DTC is set, refer to Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) List - Vehicle (See: Diagnostic Trouble Code Descriptions\Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) List - Vehicle) for further diagnosis.
    2.Engine idling at operating temperature, observe the scan tool Particulate Filt. Pressure Variance parameter. The value should be between 0-3 kPa.
    3.Operate the vehicle within the Conditions for Running the DTC to verify the DTC does not reset. You may also operate the vehicle within the conditions that you observed from the Freeze Frame/Failure Records data.

Default Cont:

But wait there is more:

Circuit/System Testing

1.Engine running, verify the scan tool Particulate Filt. Pressure Variance parameter is greater than 0 kPa (0 psi) and increases as engine speed is increased.

¤ If less than the specified range, and the parameter decreases as engine speed is increased, inspect for incorrect differential pressure line routing.
    2.Verify the following conditions do not exist:
    •Water in fuel contamination-Refer to Contaminants-in-Fuel Diagnosis (See: Powertrain Management\Computers and Control Systems\Testing and Inspection\Component Tests and General Diagnostics\Contaminants-in-Fuel Diagnosis).
    •Air induction system leaks-Perform the Induction System Smoke Test in Charge Air Cooler Diagnosis (Induction System Smoke Test) (See: Powertrain Management\Computers and Control Systems\Testing and Inspection\Component Tests and General Diagnostics\Charge Air Cooler Diagnosis (Induction System Smoke Test))Charge Air Cooler Diagnosis (Charge Air Cooler Air Leak Test) (See: Powertrain Management\Computers and Control Systems\Testing and Inspection\Component Tests and General Diagnostics\Charge Air Cooler Diagnosis (Charge Air Cooler Air Leak Test))Charge Air Cooler Diagnosis (Full System Air Leak Test) (See: Powertrain Management\Computers and Control Systems\Testing and Inspection\Component Tests and General Diagnostics\Charge Air Cooler Diagnosis (Full System Air Leak Test)).
    •Charge air cooler (CAC) leaks-Perform the Full System Air Leak Test and Induction System Smoke Test in Charge Air Cooler Diagnosis (Induction System Smoke Test) (See: Powertrain Management\Computers and Control Systems\Testing and Inspection\Component Tests and General Diagnostics\Charge Air Cooler Diagnosis (Induction System Smoke Test))Charge Air Cooler Diagnosis (Charge Air Cooler Air Leak Test) (See: Powertrain Management\Computers and Control Systems\Testing and Inspection\Component Tests and General Diagnostics\Charge Air Cooler Diagnosis (Charge Air Cooler Air Leak Test))Charge Air Cooler Diagnosis (Full System Air Leak Test) (See: Powertrain Management\Computers and Control Systems\Testing and Inspection\Component Tests and General Diagnostics\Charge Air Cooler Diagnosis (Full System Air Leak Test)).
    •Exhaust system leaks. An exhaust system leak may cause inaccurate B131 exhaust temperature sensor or B154 exhaust pressure differential sensor values causing this DTC to set.
    •Improperly installed or loose B131 exhaust gas temperature (EGT) sensors will cause inaccuracies in the soot model and cause this DTC to set.
    •Q57 Indirect fuel injector leaking or restricted-Refer to Indirect Fuel Injector Diagnosis (See: Powertrain Management\Fuel Delivery and Air Induction\Fuel Injector\Testing and Inspection)
    •Engine mechanical condition, for example low compression. Refer to Symptoms - Engine Mechanical (See: Engine, Cooling and Exhaust\Engine\Testing and Inspection\Symptom Related Diagnostic Procedures\Symptoms - Engine Mechanical).

¤ If a condition is found, repair as necessary.
    3.Inspect the B154 exhaust pressure differential sensor system for any of the following conditions:
    •Modifications
    •Damaged components
    •A skewed or shifted B154 exhaust pressure differential sensor. A sensor that is skewed will cause inaccuracies in the soot model and may cause this DTC to set. Refer to Component Testing.
    •Loose or improperly installed components-Ensure the smaller diameter pressure line is connected to the rear of the exhaust particulate filter and to the smaller port of the B154 exhaust pressure differential sensor.
    •Improperly routed differential pressure lines-The B154 exhaust pressure differential sensor line should have a continuous downward gradient without any sharp bends or kinks from the sensor to the DPF.
    •Inspect the flexible part of the B154 exhaust pressure differential sensor lines for internal restrictions.

¤ If a condition is found, repair as necessary.
    4.Ignition ON, observe the scan tool EGR Position Sensor and Desired EGR Position parameters while commanding the EGR solenoid to 20 percent and 0 percent. The values should remain equal to or less than 3 percent.

¤ If greater than the specified range, replace the Q14 exhaust gas recirculation valve and gaskets.
    5.Test the charge air cooler (CAC) for leaks. Perform the Full System Air Leak Test and Induction System Smoke Test in Charge Air Cooler Diagnosis (Induction System Smoke Test) (See: Powertrain Management\Computers and Control Systems\Testing and Inspection\Component Tests and General Diagnostics\Charge Air Cooler Diagnosis (Induction System Smoke Test))Charge Air Cooler Diagnosis (Charge Air Cooler Air Leak Test) (See: Powertrain Management\Computers and Control Systems\Testing and Inspection\Component Tests and General Diagnostics\Charge Air Cooler Diagnosis (Charge Air Cooler Air Leak Test))Charge Air Cooler Diagnosis (Full System Air Leak Test) (See: Powertrain Management\Computers and Control Systems\Testing and Inspection\Component Tests and General Diagnostics\Charge Air Cooler Diagnosis (Full System Air Leak Test)).
    6.If all components test normal, replace the diesel particulate filter.

Component Testing

1.Ignition OFF, remove the B154 exhaust pressure differential sensor.
    2.Install a 3 A fused jumper wire between the 5 V reference circuit terminal 1 and the corresponding terminal of the B154 exhaust pressure differential sensor. Install a jumper wire between the low reference circuit terminal 3 of the B154 exhaust pressure differential sensor and ground.
    3.Connect a DMM between terminal 2 of the B154 exhaust pressure differential sensor and ground.
    4.Ignition ON, with the J-23738-A or J-35555 connected to the B154 exhaust pressure differential sensor rear pressure port, slowly apply vacuum while monitoring the voltage on the DMM. The voltage should vary and transition smoothly without any spikes or dropouts.

¤ If the voltage is erratic, replace the B154 exhaust pressure differential sensor.

Repair Instructions

Perform the Diagnostic Repair Verification (See: Verification Tests) after completing the repair.

•Exhaust Particulate Filter Replacement (03 Series) (See: Maintenance\Filters\Diesel Emissions Fluid Filter\Service and Repair\Exhaust Particulate Filter Replacement (03 Series))Exhaust Particulate Filter Replacement (53 Series) (See: Maintenance\Filters\Diesel Emissions Fluid Filter\Service and Repair\Exhaust Particulate Filter Replacement (53 Series))Exhaust Particulate Filter Replacement (43 Series) (See: Maintenance\Filters\Diesel Emissions Fluid Filter\Service and Repair\Exhaust Particulate Filter Replacement (43 Series))
    •Exhaust Pressure Differential Sensor Pipe Replacement (See: Powertrain Management\Emission Control Systems\Diesel Emissions Fluid Pressure Sensor\Service and Repair\Exhaust Pressure Differential Sensor Pipe Replacement)
    •Exhaust Pressure Differential Sensor Replacement (See: Powertrain Management\Emission Control Systems\Diesel Emissions Fluid Pressure Sensor\Service and Repair\Exhaust Pressure Differential Sensor Replacement)
    •Perform the following scan tool reset procedures:
    1.NOx Catalyst Reductant Loading Reset
    2.NOx Catalyst Reset
    3.DPF/Catalyst 2 Reset
    4.Perform the Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) Service Regeneration (See: Engine, Cooling and Exhaust\Exhaust System\Diesel Particle Filter (DPF)\Service and Repair\Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) Service Regeneration) procedure to reset the DPF diagnostic variables.

What I could find on this code seems pretty wide scope to look at.

So do you think it might be a little hard to narrow down a regeneration issue?

If I were to guess GM's goal keep them coming back until the warranty wears out.

Quote Originally Posted by DieselTom View Post
    Hi; I'm new to this site, and I just bought a double wheeler chevy. Could You please explain to me what are You talking about, when You say regen, and how to do it, or the engine will do it automatically?
    Thanks; DieselTom
    The engine will do it automatically. in the truck manual it tells the consumer 1 clean out per tank. A tank is about 450-550 miles. Unfortunately, some trucks and some consumers out there are having issues with the amount of times the truck actually regenerates (performs a clean out). There are some trucks that function fine, other have issues still under warranty, some end up deleting (removing emissions by the EPA). Ash or smoke.

The issue I have is that GM cannot finger point the problem and fix my truck. I have had regeneration issues since I pulled the vehicle out of the dealer lot almost 2 years ago. I have had it back in and out of the dealer multiple times asking why my truck was regenerating every 450, 350 & 250 miles. There were times I pulled the truck into the same dealer just because they could not find the problem and the easiest way was to delete the codes. The truck has not been programmed, chipped, altered in any way except for me changing the cold air intake. That switch out took place after the truck was going through a regeneration every 200 miles.

Rumor is once you have a problem with the LML you always will have a problem. What else could be harmed in the engine? If GM cannot figure out how to fix a constant regeneration issue, how do they know what is going on inside the vehicle's engine. What happens when the warranty is gone?

FYI, stock intake was 17-19MMPG on the freeway, for the most part level terrain. Aftermarket intake, last trip between 22-23MPG. No programming, yet, still stock.

I had a rogue DTC set the other day for P007D intake/CAC temp ckt failure.

Drove seemingly fine but soot load racked up very quickly. Soot was at 31g when I got home and cleared the code. Light stayed off and no further issues. Soot level remained stable at 31g for a couple hundred miles once the truck was running normal. I was not driving when it did the regen, but I'm reasonably certain that it was at 700 miles like clockwork. I just happened to check the soot, saw it was 12g and realized that I missed the regen. The trip was at like 795 by the time I caught this.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner

Default DPF rear differential pressure sensor tube found broken at bung

My first post...

While changing oil on my 2009 LMM, I noticed the rear DPF differential pressure sensor tube was broken where it exits the fitting on the DPF. It was a clean break just above its threaded coupler. I have no way of knowing how long it was broken. It seems to me that the sensor would think the pressure differential was too high, but I did not notice any increased regeneration cycle frequency. However, my driving habits may have impaired my senses; I am usually looking on the right shoulder for hitch-hiking Swedish twin sisters.

The replacement part number is 25799002. I ordered one from the dealer yesterday. It arrived today. $90.76 plus tax. It consists of both the front and rear pressure tubes, couplers, routing clamps, bracket, and flexible hoses that go to the pressure sensor.

I removed the broken rear tube with a 17mm 12pt socket and long handled ratchet and some PB Blaster. A 6pt socket would have been better.

I took the rear tube off the new assembly and installed it along with the new flex hose. Tools used were a 17mm open end wrench for the coupler, two 13mm socket wrenches for the center bolts and nuts of the tube routing clamps, and pliers for the spring clamps on the hose. Now back on the road.

A few of things I noticed:
    1. The flex hose has a very thin plastic lining that can easily be collapsed while pushing it on to the tube or sensor. One side of the lining can get bent inward and block the passage while the outside braided cover still looks normal.

2. The new coupler has black thread sealant preapplied to its threads. It took a couple of careful trials to prevent cross threading in to the bung on the DPF.

3. The manual actually tells you to look for loose or damaged pressure lines and sensors on the DPF every 25,000 miles. Hmmm...?

4. I could not found these Swedish twins on my test drive.

Drive on.

Default Constant Regenerations LML

My 3500 LML has been at dealer #2 for 2 weeks so far. Replaced EGR valve, still building soot and still having constant regenerations issues. Technicians have been working on it and testing other suggestions with technical assistance. Probably another week yet.

Hey, GM, how about another truck????? Maybe one that works correctly?!?!?!?!
    2012 LML SRW 3500HD LTZ long box

Mods: Spray in Line-X bed liner, 20K QCurt, tinted windows, Futomo oil drain valve, (pulled stock intake out and installed Airaid cold air intake after regenerations were taking place every 200 miles to try and salvage MPG), Edge Insight monitor.

Pulling a Dutchman 3530FBH fifth wheel. Weight empty 12,500lbs. probably been up to 14,000lbs.

AKMark is offline Building another 6.2L powered vehicle

I'm so happy I have a Duramax that doesn't require regeneration.
    05 2500HD CC LB LLY, 4x4, 3.73s 235/85R16's, webasto cab heater, to keep it warm.
    03 Buick Rendezvous - When you average over 80 miles per day driving around, you need one of these.
    85 K-5, 6.2, SM465, Rockwell T221, 1 tons, 36's. More goodies to be installed as time and money allows.
    82 K20, 6.2, SM465, NP208, stock except for bed rack, snow plow, and glow plugs are on a toggle switch. It works great for plowing!
    72 Postal Jeep - Yet another project

Quote Originally Posted by AKMark View Post
    I'm so happy I have a Duramax that doesn't require regeneration.
    X2 and oh so happy!
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government."
    -Patrick Henry

A5150nut
    2006 K3500 D/A
    94 6.5 4x4 5spd Sold

Hello in4it,

I understand how frustrating frequent regens can be. I’m sorry you’ve experienced this with your LML and that it’s been at the dealership for a while. However, it’s good to hear the techs are diligently working on it for you! Please let me know if you’d like me to contact them for any follow ups. I’m happy to assist any way I can and will be on the lookout for updates.

Sincerely,

Eddie A.
    GM Customer Care
    For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html.

Eddie,

Then you must know that the LML engines have this problem. How long has GM known that this was a problem? Why has there not been anything done to resolve the problem? I asked another 2015 owner who said he said he did not have a problem and that his had only triggered a regen after 2K miles.

What causes the problem? Seeing as how there is a litany of crap that it could be. The biggest worry is that after the warranty is up on the DPF after 50K, is the customer to eat the cost of a new DPF and installation after spending 60-70K on a new truck?

Obviously, you are familiar with this problem and GM knows about it. What else is going on inside the engine block with all the build up of soot? What other damage is being done internally to the engine. What else is being destroyed or damaged? If GM wants to make me go away, quit posting on multiple forums, quit calling daily to customer care, stop writing emails to the corporation, stop visiting dealers, stop asking questions, and visiting lawyer regarding the lemon laws, it is simple: give me a truck that functions like a 3500HD truck.
    Last edited by in4it; 09-22-2014 at 10:09.

Mods: Spray in Line-X bed liner, 20K QCurt, tinted windows, Futomo oil drain valve, (pulled stock intake out and installed Airaid cold air intake after regenerations were taking place every 200 miles to try and salvage MPG), Edge Insight monitor.

Pulling a Dutchman 3530FBH fifth wheel. Weight empty 12,500lbs. probably been up to 14,000lbs.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by in4it View Post
    Eddie,

Then you must know that the LML engines have this problem. How long has GM known that this was a problem? Why has there not been anything done to resolve the problem? I asked another 2015 owner who said he said he did not have a problem and that his had only triggered a regen after 2K miles.

What causes the problem? Seeing as how there is a litany of crap that it could be. The biggest worry is that after the warranty is up on the DPF after 50K, is the customer to eat the cost of a new DPF and installation after spending 60-70K on a new truck?

Obviously, you are familiar with this problem and GM knows about it. What else is going on inside the engine block with all the build up of soot? What other damage is being done internally to the engine. What else is being destroyed or damaged? If GM wants to make me go away, quit posting on multiple forums, quit calling daily to customer care, stop writing emails to the corporation, stop visiting dealers, stop asking questions, and visiting lawyer regarding the lemon laws, it is simple: give me a truck that functions like a 3500HD truck.
    It's really hard to get industry representatives to participate in message boards. Have you ever wondered why?

Quote Originally Posted by More Power View Post
    It's really hard to get industry representatives to participate in message boards. Have you ever wondered why?
    Coming up to the 3rd week without a truck. Call the customer care number 866 790-5700 ext 41542. Tell Jennifer you are having regeneration issues and you want to get a case number. She is working with the dealer where my truck is at. If she hears that more people call in to say they have a problem something might be done. Tell her you heard it on a public forum about the issue.

In4it,

Please understand I’m unable to provide technical advice as I’m not trained as a technician. We rely heavily on our GM certified dealers for their technical expertise as they are our eyes and ears in the field. They diagnose and repair on a case by case basis due to varying circumstances. As I mentioned, I’d be glad to contact your dealer for a follow up and ensure they’re using all their resources to assist you. Private message me if interested. Again, I’m sorry for all of your frustrations.

Sincerely,

Eddie A.
    GM Customer Care
    For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html.

Arrow

It was some years ago now, but I talked to a guy who was once a state arbitrator who worked with both automakers and vehicle owners, helping to settle warranty or service disputes.

The single most important fact to come out of our discussion was that the vehicle owner must always present themselves as someone who is reasonable and possible to satisfy. Those who present themselves as angry sue-mongers won't be (cannot be) helped. The traditional court system is for them. If someone wants a full account for what to do in a dispute, let me know. The arbitrator and I wrote an article that outlines how to deal with the system and have the best chance of getting what you want.