Thread: Update on 2017 Colorado

Talking Update on 2017 Colorado

We now have 5,000 miles on the truck. We are getting an average of 26.7 mpg that is some highway which really isn't highway in Florida because of all the "TOURON'S.
    A TOURON is what we call Terrorist oops I mean Tourist here. "Word origin comes from "TOURIST and MORON combined.
    And then the Floridians drive even worse.
    Florida was rated as having the worst drivers in the entire US. And that is for real !
    So on the highway they can't drive an even speed they either drive 40 under or 40 over in a 70 mph zone. So we have a hard time going more that 10 miles without a backup and at least 2 wrecks on our Interstate I-4. "Thank you Walt Dismal World". Walt would be rolling over in his grave if he knew what the corporation is really doing with his dream and to our resident's.
    "Boy we miss the Ranch and country life and privacy" Oh well at least there is no nasty wet cold ice and snow. Hurricanes we put up with them, what you gonna do ? LOL
    But our mileage included a lot of stop and go in moderate to heavy traffic and the re gen cycles.
    So we are tickled with the truck the mpg and the handling.
    We went to South Carolina and we actually were able to cruise 65 and 75 mph for extended lengths like an hour or more. While actually cruising on the highway we were getting an average of 30 to 32 mpg. On some legs coming back South we were getting 34 mpg.
    Not one issue with the truck so far. It's awesome !
    I just hope we don't wear it out until it's paid for LOL
    Last edited by cowboywildbill; 09-23-2017 at 12:54.

Yep. Sounds boring. Thanks for the update!
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

Yep I can't rant on the Colorado, I had to go the Missy's post on her Merc to do that LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by cowboywildbill View Post
    And then the Floridians drive even worse.
    Florida was rated as having the worst drivers in the entire US. And that is for real !
    Driving has gotten a lot worse over the years. A lot of it is just the number of people out there, but then the highway designs have gone to crap too - too many ramps on the left side, for one - slows down traffic because people are entering/exiting from the “fast lane.” Then you have everyone on their phones - talking or texting. It’s no wonder people seem to like the idea of self-driving cars - they really don’t want to be driving in the first place. Sorry, but I thought that was what buses, light rail, and such were for...
    '94 GMC 6.5TD K1500 4L80E 2-Door Yukon SLE 221K
    '93 Chevrolet 6.5TD K2500HD NV4500 Std. Cab Longbed 187K
    '85 Toyota 22R RN60 4x4 Std. Cab Shortbed 178K (Currently retired for rebuild)
    Diesel Page Member #2423

Quote Originally Posted by cowboywildbill View Post
    So we are tickled with the truck the mpg and the handling.
    We went to South Carolina and we actually were able to cruise 65 and 75 mph for extended lengths like an hour or more. While actually cruising on the highway we were getting an average of 30 to 32 mpg. On some legs coming back South we were getting 34 mpg.
    Anyway, enough for ranting…

Good to hear about the mileage. I know a couple people with the Nissan Cummins trucks. They are saying the power is great but the mileage is pretty crappy.
    Diesel Page Member #2423

Wink

I agree way more people also. When you factor in a tourist destination, that adds millions more to the mix.
    We have some of the largest ranches in the US down here believe it or not, but even out in the boonies you find the tourist sightseeing, they will sometimes stop in the middle of a road and just get out of the rental car even leaving the doors wide open and start taking pictures.
    Can't blame them for looking and enjoying it here, but a little courtesy and common sense would be nice.
    We have a standing joke " They come here and pack everything for their trip except their brains." LOL

We don’t quite have people completely stopping, but I come up behind enough people on the highway doing 35mph - you pass them and look over, sure enough, they’re on their phones…
    Diesel Page Member #2423

Quote Originally Posted by trbankii View Post
    We don’t quite have people completely stopping, but I come up behind enough people on the highway doing 35mph - you pass them and look over, sure enough, they’re on their phones…
    I think train horns would be a good cure for this. . . . . .
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government."
    -Patrick Henry

A5150nut
    2006 K3500 D/A
    94 6.5 4x4 5spd Sold

Quote Originally Posted by a5150nut View Post
    On a serious note, there is no cure. Distracted driving has become more deadly than DUI, especially among young drivers. Even if criminal penalties are equaled with DUI, it will only lessen it. As it stands now, every state I know of classifies it as an infraction or a public offense. Fines only. Those who are doing it will continue doing it, until it is criminalized (harsh word, but factual).
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

Quote Originally Posted by a5150nut View Post
    I regularly say that I need an air horn…

Unfortunately, technology moved faster than legislation. By the time it was realized just how bad things were, everyone was doing it and it became that much harder to regulate.
    Diesel Page Member #2423

Wow maybe a Diesel Locomotive Train Horn.
    Well we now have 6,300 miles on the truck. No issues whatsoever. Hasn't used a drop of oil and the mpg is still the same. Awesome little big truck.

Here's a picture of our first pickup. If you look closely you can see the twin (two tone) Hadleys on the roof. Under the hood were twin vacuum operated compressors and twin airtanks. Oh, and a slant 6... When you hit the horns the truck blew backwards.

The Constitution needs to be re-read, not re-written!

If you can't handle Dr. Seuss, how will you handle real life?

Current oil burners: MB GLK250 BlueTEC, John Deere X758
    New ride: MB GLS450 - most stately
    Gone but not forgotten: '87 F350 7.3, '93 C2500 6.5, '95 K2500 6.5, '06 K2500HD 6.6, '90 MB 350SDL, Kubota 7510

Sorry it took so long to reply. Air horns are cool. And the slant six was a great engine. Good old Charger 225 c.i. I worked on many of them when I was a Chrysler Mechanic. Even worked on an industrial slant six in a motor home before.
    We now have 12,000 + on the Colorado. No issues. We did just receive a recall notice for something about the emissions/def system. Maybe needing to be re-calibrated.
    Let you know what they do if anything.