Thread: GM Tech 2 Tool

Default GM Tech 2 Tool

Hi All,

As I live in the land down under and GM dealers are very rare, mechanics with Tech 2's for GM are non existent , I wanted to buy my own Tech 2 unit and keep it in the car.

There are plenty of Chinese knock offs, and I wanted to know if you have a good one and can post or PM me the link where you purchased it.

From what I have read on the web they work just as well as the genuine articles. Al though there are a couple of horror stories there are equally a number of posts stating they have had no issues.

Also I can find the units that support GM, SAAB, etc, they don't say they support the Silverado's but when questioned the reply is generally yes they do.
    Is the Candi module universal or would it need to be different for the GM truck compared to the GM car etc

Thanks in advance

Drop me an email off my web site and I'll see if I can answer your questions and hook you up with one.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

HI All, just figured I would update you all on the Tech2.

Bought a Chinese unit from www.sicotool.com, they sent it via ems freight took 5 days,
    Complete unit,
    1 x GM PCMCIA card updated to 2013 - support trucks
    1 x Tech 2
    1 x VCI
    1 x Candi
    1 x RS232
    1 x RS485
    1 x Main connection lead
    1 x 110VAc wall plug
    1 x Battery connector
    1 x Cig connector
    1 x CD with manual of machine use
    1 x TIS2000 with dongle
    1 x Black Case
    a couple of ancillary CD's I haven't looked at yet.

All for a grand total of $US 389.00 including shipping. If you put all the pieces together in the cart it comes out around $480. But I emailed the guy "David" and asked for more info an dprices postage costs etc, he end up quoting me complete package for $389. then had to go on site, place order at the larger $ amount but in the order text I said I had been quoted different by email and within about 10 minutes I had a reply email, saying invoice has been adjusted, please return to web and make payment through paypal.

First impressions. Service was excellent, a bit of Pinglish but all the same we got through it.
    Looks the part all the bits connect and appear to work.
    I have connected it to the car, and read the Vin as well as other info, DTC's etc.
    Havnt had to use it in anger as yet, but appears to be fine. Guess time will tell.