Thread: Older and more Limp

Default Older and more Limp

Guys,

It seems my 05 LLY has been going limp more and more recently. I have the Edge Juice since it was new and the last two times it went limp are below:

1. Empty in setting 4 in 5th gear on highway about half throttle
    2. Yesterday coming back from Hunting trip in Michigan pulling a light ATV in setting 2 tow, I was about quarter throttle trying to pass at 60mph, barely gave it any throttle and went limp.

the second one kind of scarred me on a two lane highway

before the only time I recall it going limp was in setting 5 when I was racing

Any suggestions? thanks
    2005 2500 D/A Ext. Cab 4x4 SLE LLY- Edge Juice w/Attitude and Predator. KN Cold Air intake, 5" exhaust, Kennedy Boost Stick

I will add that it seem to be the trans limp mode, bang and shifted to 4th gear. I pulled over and cycled the ignition a few time and was good to go again. codes were:

p0700
    p1226
    p1229
    p1232.

I do have the new wireless harness for the injectors 2 and 7 on it.
    2005 2500 D/A Ext. Cab 4x4 SLE LLY- Edge Juice w/Attitude and Predator. KN Cold Air intake, 5" exhaust, Kennedy Boost Stick

Turn the power down. Way down. Those harness boxes with "slip protect" tend to be harder on the trans than most other mods. Level 3 was really the max. Level 2 with Boost Stick. Towing lower yet.

Many of my customers have converted to my Kennedy Custom tuning and no more limp with as much or more HP. It seems when teh ECM is not in control of the fueling it can cause issues.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

John,

Do you believe my clutches in my transmission may be wearing resulting in more and more limp? I have never really been hard on the truck since new but limp is happening more and more. Also, do you know anyone in the Kansas City area that you would with on your Trans Upgrades? Thanks.

Also, your custom tune are you referring to EFI Live?

When the clutches start to slip they can burn/glaze and then hold less power the more they slip.

I use EFI Live to tune yes, but EFI does not make any tunes. Hence the name: Kennedy Custom.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!