Thread: best fuel additive for LBZ

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default best fuel additive for LBZ

I just bought an 06 with the LBZ was wondering what fuel additive I should use, dont pull much so something that helps mpg would be best for me.Had an 04 with LB7 I used a power serve additive, was happy with it but didnt know if there was anything better especially with the new fuel regulations. Any ideas?

Arrow

Welcome to the Forums!

Have a look at THIS topic. It should answer questions about what you've been using, and other options.

I have been using PS (gray bottle), and will continue using it.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

Sorry Dmax....but a fellow member (guess who?)told me he wouldn't pour Power Service in his drain oil barrel.

I use FPPF total power every tank year-round. This is the best additive there is.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Buck
    Sorry Dmax....but a fellow member (guess who?)told me he wouldn't pour Power Service in his drain oil barrel....
    I don't have to guess who.... I wouldn't use it there, either. FPPF may be good stuff, but I wouldn't say it's any better/worse than PS, Racor or Stanadyne. All the products make claims, but none we'll discuss here have been shown to cause harm, or don't do what they claim.

BTW....Racor and Stanadyne are the only additives recommended/accepted by GM. They could deny warranty service for using anything else, if they wanted to.

I won't/don't plug any product here, good or bad. I only relay my experience, and the experiences of others. I've heard Amsoil has good additives, but I haven't used any of them. I use other Amsoil products, though.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A

Actually the ONLY place I'll pour Power Service is...
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Kennedy
    Actually the ONLY place I'll pour Power Service is...
    I've been using PS for more than 6 years, and Stanadyne before that. Show me why I shouldn't use PS. What makes one product better than the other?
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A