Thread: More off-road fun

Default More off-road fun

I thought ya'll might enjoy seeing some more pics of a recent "overlanding" trip I took with the Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club out of NW Arkansas. We spent three days in the Ozark National Forest, driving close to 200 miles off pavement. Had a great time.

There were six vehicles on this trip: 5 Jeep Wranglers and 1 diesel Tahoe! I believe most everyone had at least a tiny bit of envy over the diesel power and cargo capacity of my 2 door Tahoe.

One of the neatest things on this particular trip was a long, slow, 2 mile climb up a narrow, rocky hill. I simply put the transfer case in low range, the tranny in 1st gear, and flipped on the high-idle switch. I was able to crawl most of that hill without having to touch either the brake or the accelerator!

Casey
    1995 K1500 Tahoe 2 door, 6.5LTD, 4L80E, NP241, 3.42's, 285/75R16 BFG K02's; 1997 506 block; Kennedy OPS harness, gauges, Quick Heat plugs, and TD-Max chip; Dtech FSD on FSD Cooler; vacuum pump deleted, HX35 turbo, Turbo Master, 3.5" Kennedy exhaust, F code intake; dual t/stats, HO water pump, Champion radiator; Racor fuel filter

Very jealous!! Looks like a very relaxing and fun trip. Took my Sub to our local National Forest - Uwharrie, last year. Didn't dare do anything technical with the Titanic but it was fun climbing over some minor rocks and hills. Would love to do something longer.
    Mark Chapman DP member #653;
    1983 K2500 6.2 Suburban, 4" lift, 35" tires, ATS turbo, Banks exhaust/intake, pyrometer, tachometer;
    1986 K5 6.2 Blazer, 2" lift, 33" tires, Banks intake, pyrometer, tachometer
    1963 wife, one owner, average mileage for the age but in excellent shape, a keeper
    1992 daughter, low mileage, pretty, limited edition, but requires some money to maintain
    1995 son, sports model, very fast & peppy, time will tell on durability and maintenance costs

"Grease is good"

Can't beat all the low end tourque of a diesel. Something a gas motor would blast over you can eaze over and still have all your teeth when you get there!
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government."
    -Patrick Henry

A5150nut
    2006 K3500 D/A
    94 6.5 4x4 5spd Sold

Default Still having fun with the Tahoe..

Some more pics from a day trip this past weekend:

Casey
    1995 K1500 Tahoe 2 door, 6.5LTD, 4L80E, NP241, 3.42's, 285/75R16 BFG K02's; 1997 506 block; Kennedy OPS harness, gauges, Quick Heat plugs, and TD-Max chip; Dtech FSD on FSD Cooler; vacuum pump deleted, HX35 turbo, Turbo Master, 3.5" Kennedy exhaust, F code intake; dual t/stats, HO water pump, Champion radiator; Racor fuel filter

Thought your off-road pictures, inclusive of your own truck were brilliant. We live in Australia, and own a diesel suburban. Nothing beats getting out there in the bush in a capable vehicle; going camping & just having a great time. Great post!

Quote Originally Posted by mjeremy View Post
    Thought your off-road pictures, inclusive of your own truck were brilliant. We live in Australia, and own a diesel suburban. Nothing beats getting out there in the bush in a capable vehicle; going camping & just having a great time. Great post!
    Thanks for the kind words!

I'll have to admit: more than one of the Jeep guys were jealous of the turbo diesel exhaust tones when climbing some ledges!!

Casey

these photos really show how fun it was.

Brings back memories from LONG LONG AGO, IN A MUD HOLE FAR FAR A WAY.
    (1) 1995 Suburban 2500 4x4
    (1) 1997 Astro
    (1) 2005 Suburban (Papa Smurf)
    THIS IS BOW TIE COUNTRY